Customer reviews

on 8 September 2012
'The Haunted Pad Vol. 1' is a sort of expanded version of the LP '20 Classic Instrumentals' issued by See for miles in the 80's. This CD offers 35 tracks though - with a playing time about 79 mins. Furthermore, some of the tracks seem to have been given the 'Beatle'- treatment, resulting in an enhanced sound quality. 'Gypsy Beat' by the Packabeats and 'Jack's Good' by the Krew Kats never sounded better - primarely due to a tight and defined bass sound. As always with collections of this kind, not everything will be to everyone's liking. I find the 4 offerings by The Ted Taylor four rather bland and uninteresting. I also could have wished for some trivia regarding labels and dates of original releases. That aside - this is a super compilation for anyone interested in guitar instrumentals of the 60's
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2012
Now this what I call a great instro cd from the sixites. Every one a winner putting this together someone must love the music.
This is very good place to start if you are into instrumentls,great value for money 35 tracks. I hope vol 2 will be as good.
on 28 October 2015
A collection that's supposed to have a spooky theme, but otherwise a great deal of the tracks can also be found on the Rock History Series from the same era. Its all a bit limp really. I'm not really impressed, even if I'm from that period, so hope there isn't a Vol.2 coming out.
on 1 December 2013
The track listing on the Amazon site is not quite what is on the CD, although the track listing on the CD itself is correct. I have no problem with the quality of the music or the mastering, except that the one track I bought it for was not on the CD! Ted Taylor 4, M1. This track is actually on the companion CD called Whap! (I think), which means buying two CDs to get one track,, which seems rather OTT... If Amazon's track listing had been correct, I would have given the album 5 stars.
on 18 November 2015
I loved it although I already have many tracks in my collection. I grew up with this music so it brings back so many memories.
on 3 October 2013
Having read the previous customer reviews I thought I should buy this album as it featured of lot of Joe Meeks groups on it. If you like the early 60s instrumentals then I recommend that one should buy it. I hope there's a follow up to this one, as I shall buy it.
on 27 March 2013
Liked the unusual choice of material -not the usual commonplace instros that are usually included in this type of compilation
on 31 January 2015
I love it
on 12 January 2015
Lots on the CD I must have heard but do not remember,very good
on 11 October 2012
using the cover of an eagles soundtrack from the film some people
this disc has some really good instrumentals on it
good tracks like Judd Proctor, Rhet Stoller. Nero and the gladiators
and others all good.I would recommend this disc to anyone interested
in British instrumentals