on 16 February 2015
first piece happy and gentle introduction .the rest is amazing journey . amazing playing.
I bought the disk because of "Moonlight" .the way Lisitsa plays "Moonlight" is my big favorite of all versions of various great artists I heard on youtube. this is strong way and is unique to her, from what I seen.
from this disk I found out about Listz .
The sound is great and crystal clear as if you sit next to the piano.
its a lot more fun to listen to a cd then to youtube.
great concert plan. The pieces are great and the order of playing is also considerate. Lisitsa thought on every detail.
she is a great artist.
I hope to see a concert of her in live .
on 14 August 2014
I am not qualified to make a technical review, but I know when I hear a superb pianist, and Valentina makes the hairs on my back stand up and salute her. Just brilliant.
on 18 February 2016
brilliant
on 21 August 2015
Beautiful playing of a selection of outstanding pieces
on 28 July 2014
Fine
on 5 February 2014
Enjoyed the cd greatly.I enjoyed listening to the artist playing but my knowledge of the technicalities of playing the piano is insufficient to enable me to provide a meaningful criticism.
on 11 August 2014
My favourite pianist. Music is beyond compare!
on 11 January 2014
Bought this CD after hearing Ave Maria arrangement by Liszt on another CD. This CD has beautiful piano sound, superb playing
and a great recording.
on 15 August 2012
Like many others, I first came across Valentina on YouTube. I was looking for Beethoven's Sonata Op57 "Appassionata", as featured on a film I'd been watching. I didn't find reference to the film, but I found Valentina.

Her playing is outstanding, both in its range and feeling. Her ability to see the manuscript in her mind (photographic memory) is translated through her hands as if two people are playing two pianos. It's almost as if she has four right hands - performing with incredible and equal dexterity through both left and right.

Although unable to attend in person, I watched her perfomance at the Royal Albert Hall online and afterwards bought both the DVD and this CD which I highly recommend.
on 18 September 2012
I have listened to this CD of Valentina Lisitsa and had compared her interpretation with pianists such as Richter, Horowitz, Alice Sara Ott and others. I also watched her performing Liszt's difficult pieces on You Tube. She appears to have no technical difficulties whatsoever and played these pieces with ease. Her phrasing is fantastic. It is a pity that only this one CD is on sale at present for I understand there are some difficulties releasing her other discs on Naxos. I will certainly be a buyer when further discs are available.