Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

Listening to the exquisite harmonies at the beginning of opening
track 'Don't Wake Me Up' we immediately find ourselves in the presence
of a very significant new talent. With 'Is Your Love Big Enough?'
Lianne La Havas has delivered an extraordinarily rich debut album.

What a truly beautiful voice she has! Distinctive, confident and full
of subtly articulated emotion. At every turn it is an instrument which
finds new colour and timbre, the better to articulate her finely-wrought
lyrics and melodies. With her performance of a glorious song like 'Lost
and Found' it is hard not to feel that she has the full support of heaven
and all its angels! It is one of the loveliest things I have heard this year.

The quality doesn't dip for a moment. Whether in the jazzy inflections of
'Au Cinema'; the raucous, angular guitar stabbings of 'Forget' or the
sublimely breathy cadences of 'Elusive' (another cracking composition!)
we are treated to the dazzlingly understated evidence of Ms La Havas' craft.

It's almost impossible to pick a winner but if I were forced to choose one
for my desert island it would have to be 'Gone' where head and heart and
voice come together in a deeply moving display of unaffectedly raw soul.

No doubt about it. Ms La Havas is the real deal. Don't let her pass you by.

Essential.
on 9 May 2017
Can't quite remember how I came across Lianne La Havas - I'm suspecting it was just via prime music but wow - what an amazing voice to a track list of some lovely jazzy easy to listen to tunes.
on 26 May 2017
Was a present for someone else so assume that it is ok.
on 1 April 2017
product arrived in time and ok
on 7 April 2017
Great album
Wonderful tones & nuance in her voice
I could listen to her ALL day & night Love her guitar playing too
on 11 July 2012
I first heard Lianne La Havas on Jools Holland a few months ago and I've been looking out for her album ever since. I had very high expectations and 'Is Your Love Big Enough?' doesn't disappoint. It is possibly a bit too heavy on the ballads for my liking but it is truly beautiful. I've seen other reviewers compare La Havas's voice to that of Erykah Badu but she reminds me mostly of Shingai Shonowa of the Noisettes. Lianne La Havas is a true talent and I look forward to hearing more from her in the future.
on 28 October 2012
It took me a little while to purchase Lianne La Havas' debut album "Is Your Love Big Enough?", possibly because most of the music I buy does not make it to Number 4 in the UK charts. It also took me a few listens to also get into this album as I initially found her sound too similar to other female artists. But I soon realised what a great song writer and singer Lianne really is.

"Don't Wake Me Up" starts off with gorgeous A-Capella singing and then slowly builds into a solid Soul influenced mid-tempo track. The first highlight "Is Your Love Big Enough?" is very catchy and is a mixture of Blues and Folk with an infectious chorus. "Lost & Found" is a very suave Soul ballad with sweet vocals and melody. "Au Cinema" and "No Room For Doubt" are both atmospheric Folk inspired ballads with a strong acoustic feel to them. Similar in style to the title track, "Forget" is heavily influenced by Blues and Rock and has a very catchy chorus which makes it the second highlight. "Age" is a cute acoustic guitar led track with some fun lyrics and a vibrant melody. "Elusive", a very beautiful and sensual ballad with lovely vocals from Lianne and a soothing melody, is the third highlight whilst the fourth is "Everything Everything", another well interpreted suave ballad with lovely arrangements. But the most satisfying song on this release is the piano led Soul ballad "Gone" which is sung with such passion and pain it becomes an emotional heart wrenching masterpiece. "Tease Me" is a well crafted Blues and Folk inspired song and the final song "They Could Be Wrong" adds an element of Funk to this release.

"Is Your Love Big Enough?" is a fantastic debut album by a very talented singer-songwriter who possesses a very emotive voice and the ability to put pen to paper and write some inspiring lyrics. The melodies are very creative and each song can be enjoyed individually as well as part of the whole album as they are so rich and diverse. It is rare that you find an album that matures with each listen, but this one does just that.
on 9 July 2012
This CD I have been anticipating for so long and finally it is here. Having listened to all of her EP's over 100 times I am quite familiar with most of the tracks on the CD but there are new ones which I have fallen in love with. Admittedly some tracks have been changed not for better. I personally preferred the live version of Forget compared to the one on the CD but thats my choice. Aside from that i'm happy with this purchase :-) can't wait to meet her tomorrow :D
on 12 July 2012
I've never bought a debut album on Day 1 before. I saw her a few days pre-release on Amazon at number 18 and wondered how an unknown artist could be so high. I listened, and realised she was an absolute star!

I love vocalists, and you will love this girl with her gorgeous smokey voice, warmth, spark, presence and absolute musicality!

She is a genuine contender to be one of the our greatest.

An absolute diamond album!
on 3 August 2012
Was so excited about this release and couldn't wait to hear it. To say it's disappointing is going a little too far, it's just a bit 'soft'. The music is lovely and the lyrics are very heartfelt and clever, it just feels like the marketing department had too much to do with the whole and, as often the case when art is created by committee, ended up blunting the end product. Very similar to Corrine Bailey-Rae, in that I heard her stunning voice but was so disappointed by her first album. Lianne La Havas is an extraordinary talent and the album has some beautiful songs, but my advice would be to ignore the record company execs and follow her nose when recording her second album.