on 11 January 2013
Kevin DeYoung is concerned that there is a hole in our holiness. The hole is that we don't really care about it. We "don't take seriously one of the great aims of our redemption and one of the required evidences for eternal life."

In response to this perceived problem, he has written this excellent book, The Hole in our Holiness.

Over 10 chapters, he outlines some of the reasons as to why there is a hole in holiness, what holiness is, the many motivations that Jesus gives us to pursue holiness, that holiness is possible, and how we grow in holiness. I particularly appreciated the way he clears up some of the misunderstandings about what holiness is and isn't.

Jammed packed with Bible references that support what is written, The Hole in our Holiness is a great starting point for any believer thinking about this subject. Not only that, DeYoung writing style makes him both easy to read and interesting to read [I share his view on camping!]
on 12 September 2013
A much need, clear approach to the much neglected subject of personal holiness. The section on union with Cheist is excellent. Easy to read easy to understand. Encouraging for those who strive for holiness and a wake up call for those who are unaware of its necessity. A must read for all Christians.
on 11 May 2014
I bought this book looking for something on the subject. I will keep it close and use it over and over to guide my scriptural study (since it is packed full of scripture). I don't think any book has stopped me in my tracks and challenged me so much before. Read it.
on 18 April 2014
This is a very timely book on holiness, it deals with most issues that hinder us from following what
Christ has told us so plainly in the scriptures
on 10 September 2013
Great book to read, re-read, discuss and give away! You won't regret reading this book! Couldn't put it down! Thank you Dr Young!
on 31 May 2016
Absolutely brilliant book. Don't read it unless you want to get seriously challenged. Best book I've read for ages. Anyone who wants to get real with heir walk with Christ needs to read this book
on 15 July 2016
Really love this book - massive challenge to all christians and caused me to think about my faith more seriously.
Definitely recommend.
on 17 August 2016
This is a really helpful book - written by a fellow traveller on the journey. Highly recommended.
on 24 October 2016
Loved it.

A compact little gem (for whatever reason most books on the topic of holiness are normally significantly larger, J.C Ryle, for instance) but for all its brevity it is full of great thinking and reflection on the subject.

best lines:

"the sky is not falling, and wont until Jesus fall from it first"

"wondrously angry"

"Union with Christ may be the most important doctrine you've never heard of"
review image