on 9 April 2013
Really enjoying this. I have got most of David Attenborough's DVD's from Amazon, and am gradually building my colection up. Worth seeing! Good photography, and good commentary (as usual) from David.

I note that "music time" was disappointed about the absence of the Komodo Dragons. To rectify this, I would suggest 2 DVD's from Amazon- "Life" Gunton and Holmes, and narrated by Attenborough, and "Last Chance to See" by Stephen Fry. Both of the DVD's have footage of the Komodo Dragons, in fact if you read some of the reviews for "Life" there is a warning about upsetting scenes regarding the Komodo Dragons!

Hope this helps!

Greg (Sheffield)
on 6 December 2012
I suppose I will not be illuminating anyone, but I feel that David Attenborough is one of those very, very rare people who transcend their subject, the thing that they do, to become it. He IS nature film making, he does not just MAKE the films. And he represents in it's greatest form what a scientist should be - persuasive, welcoming, clear, and sparking off in you a deep interest in what is his great passion - the natural world. A great man whose films are the very pinnacle of their genre. The Life in Cold Blood is as endlessly fascinating and remarkable as all of the other series he has made - backed up with the absolute best of filming techniques and innovations.
on 17 July 2016
Another engrossing highly informative series from the BBC's natural history unit. 5 episodes. Although only available on dvd it was shot with HD cameres so expect good image quality. Each episode 50 minutes in length with 10 minutes of behind the scenes footage.
on 26 September 2014
This is DVD bring joy to my life, I love these little colourful intelligent being, I learn how their life in the juggle. because I live with one of this little being we call him Harry together we play and I learn about their way of life, with the DVD allow me to learn more of their behaviour, when in the cold winter morning he sleep with me on my warm chest. I also love David Attenborough what a wonderful work he have done to bring this to the TV for us to enjoy in the comfort of our own home. with much appreciation.
on 5 December 2014
The last of Attenborough's 'Life' series sometimes feels a little forced, but nevertheless is light years ahead of most other natural history programmes: Sir David on excellent, passionate, form without being hyperbolic.
on 2 December 2017
Love these series. Visually beautiful and very informative.
on 6 November 2014
I'm at uni now studying zoology and herpetology and this is the DVD that inspired me its fantastic and he presents it so well this series was brilliant.
on 14 February 2015
Have all these series now (having bought the life box set) and been enthralled with the life series since the original 'life on earth' in the seventies. Natural history at its best and most fascinating. Some of the filming is astounding and easily amongst the best ever. I now sit and watch them with my eight year old and have the joy of sharing with her and watching her marvel at the amazing diversity and wonder of our planet
on 23 October 2017
Perfect, as all (matser)works by Sir David Attenborough.
on 17 November 2017