on 31 July 2014
Not rocket science but then achieving outstanding fitness isn't. Its about having the mental determination to stick with a no-nonsense solid program like this. To help in that respect the author does a great job of motivating you with the help of anecdotes from his time in service. After starting this program I am not just aiming to be fit. I am aiming to achieve elite level fitness. That is how motivated it is making me feel. There is also a corresponding iphone app for this which I have bought and would recommend. I am about a week into the program so far and feeling very optimistic.
on 18 October 2015
Excellent book. Covers all the essential elements. The motivation to get out and train is a major factor ( no pun intended)!

I have not run for years.I have become fat and lazy. Since buying the book I am lacing up my trainers and getting out and running. I left the house the other morning with a smile on my face. Increased fitness levels lead to increase in mood and motivation. Stop procrastinating get the book and change your attitude.
on 16 March 2017
Fantastic for anyone who needs a little motivational boost to get (back) into a training routine. Well written book with solid advice. Sam's passion for personal fitness shines through in his book and his experience in this field is clearly second to none.
on 13 January 2013
A fine example of both military and civilian fitness. What Sam he has written about will certainly help you to build on your current fitness levels and is extremely helpful for all beginners like myself, who has taken on a fitness package for the first time. Its inspirational, easy to follow and will certainly get you motivated, more so if you are thinking of joining the forces.
on 7 August 2014
If you are struggling to find a bit of motivation for exercising, then look no further. This book is absolutely brilliant. If like me you want to join the forces it is a really good read just for a variety of exercises. And it is easy to establish a routine from this book as it will challenge you regardless of your current level of fitness! So buy it!
on 2 March 2013
What a book, after 3 weeks i am noticing a massive difference in my weight and fitness already. Brilliant book for beginners like me. Easy to follow and apart from the book all you need is a pair of trainers. No expensive gym memberships or equipment. Love this book!
on 2 April 2012
Excellently written, easy to execute and excellent ways to asses one's progress easily. Especially the challenges at the end of the book are very good. The pictures in the book make it easier to follow the instructions. The fitness programs are extremely effective. I can now run more than 7 kilometers, when I could not even run for 1 km 3 months ago and, I am fitter than ever. Leaving all this aside, the best part of the book is that all royalties go towards charity. It is extremely noble of the author Major Sam McGrath to do so.
on 5 July 2012
This book was brilliant, sets good realistic goals for training.
Has exercises for all muscle groups and tailors it depending on whether you have certain pieces of equipment or any at all.
The best thing about this book is that you know you can trust it unlike a lot of other guides.
on 4 February 2013
Bought this for xmas for my son ........who is currently trying to get into the Parachute Regiment.

He has found it very useful.
on 17 April 2012
My teenage son is delighted with this book. He is able to improve his fitness and is aware of the importance of warming up and cooling down exercises.