on 8 August 2017
I think it's pretty bad that you don't get a charger when you buy a 3DS, it's not like they're cheap. However, this charger works perfectly so as you've got no choice, you might as well order this one.
on 28 February 2016
5 Stars because it does what it has to do which is charging your console. BUT I HAVE TO SAY I AM PISSED OFF WITH NINTENDO, WHEN I BUY A CONSOLE I WANT A PACKAGE WITH EVERYTHING I NEED TO PLAY IT AND CHARGE IT. Y THINK THEY SHOULD START MAKING BETTER DECISIONS WITH THEIR PRODUCTS, I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CONSTANTLY DISAPPOINT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND THEIR SALES ARE FAR FAR AWAY FROM WHAT THEY WERE USE TO BE. In a really competitive market they give you less for more. I am so pissed off with it and that's it
on 16 October 2015
I was bought a 3DS almost 4 years ago it was bought so I would have something to do whilst recovering from spinal surgery ,HAHA !! if anyones had spinal surgery the last thing you want to do is play on a games device .anyway I put if away and the other night found it but could not find the charger .and like most homes we have about 20 mobile phone /routers chargers power supplies .and non would fit .so amazon to the rescue .it arrived today just 48 hours after me ordering it .and it looks original and it fits the device .its always wise to buy genuine chargers and batteries too many stories of homes going up in smoke .not worth it when the genuine charger is less than £10 ..
on 9 March 2016
It's irritating to me that the new 3ds doesn't come with a charger. This charger of course does the job so I suppose I have to give it 3 stars as "fine for what it is". However the additional cost on top of the 3ds itself is rather annoying. Also the charger is huge so it's pretty impractical for carrying around with you. I leave this one at home and have since ordered myself a fairly cheap and very slimline usb one to take outside the house with me.
on 29 April 2017
I have bought two of these now. I bought a second one because the first had been doing a great job for months with no problems. I can't fault this charger for quality and reliability. Very sturdy and worth paying a few pounds more to avoid buying a cheap imitation that could be dangerous.

I'm using these with a basic Nintendo 3DS...and my kids also use them with their New 3DS and New 3DS XL versions.
on 30 July 2014
A bit cheeky when buying a new 3DS XL for my partner and myself that they don't actually ship the required power adaptor with the device due to some packaging rubbish/ they expect you to have one from a previous console or something equally ridiculous. I'd have thought it would be common sense to ship an electronic product with some means of charging it up, but apparently not.

Anyway this was a needed purchase and was cheap, works well with DSi, 3DS and 3DS XL so can't complain for the price, just a bit annoyed at Nintendo for pulling this sneaky move.
on 29 January 2015
When my brother bought a Nintendo 3DS he was surprised to find that it didn't come with a charger, and so asked me to buy one for him. We purchased a multi-charger that included the 3DS charging head but this broke so I thought I would look out for an official Nintendo product. This was exactly what he needed and is excellent quality. I was confused as to why the 3DS doesn't come with one, especially as my 2DS did. It charges very quickly and as the headline of this review says "does the job". Great as a back-up or spare if you already have one. Prompt service and delivery.
on 14 January 2014
Firstly, I feel its important to mention that if you just bought a 3ds, you're going to need to buy one of these too, because it is not included. Luckily I'd done my research and bought it with my DS order, so I managed to get through setup and first game introduction without running out of juice. The charger itself does the job, feels a bit cheap though (or maybe that's just me, but the plastic seems a little brittle and extremely light considering its size). Havn't had any problems with it yet, the lead is fairly long which is nice. Overall it is just an essential if you have a 3DS.
on 24 June 2017
I bought this because I lost the original charger for my ex's 3DS. Although it's labelled as being for the 3DS XL, it works just as well on the original 3DS (The one that came out before "the new" 3DS, 3DSi, 3DS Lite etc etc etc).

Does the job perfectly, arrived exactly as described.
on 7 May 2016
Does exactly what it says. It's a 3DS charger so it charges the 3DS! It's a well made and solid piece of kit with a decent length of cable.

We got a spare so that we didn't have to take a charger with us when we go to visit relatives. Our children are sometimes a little disorganised so it's useful to have one less thing to remember!