Customer reviews

on 22 September 2013
This book is very thorough and grammatical points well explained. I gave it only 4 stars because, as far as I am concerned, I had trouble with it. I happen to be an English English-speaker and this book is clearly, but understandably, written for Welsh English-speakers. How else do you explain the statement that the Welsh long O is the English OH-sound in 'brown'? And the test questions at the end of the early chapters are impossible to do unless you already know some Welsh. But if I was Welsh I would give it 5. And I haven't given up on it by any means - it's just a bit harder going than I expected for the reason given.
on 4 December 2012
It was a great help in understanding the basics of Welsh Grammar which I surely needed and I am still finding it a great help in my Welsh Course
on 19 October 2012
As far as I have got, very interesting and well-set out book for anyone wishing to learn the Welsh language. Starts with very interesting history of the language.

Delivery speedy and on time. Thanks, Amazon.
on 6 September 2011
I found this book in the library when I was looking for books for Welsh classes.I find it a very handy book to have and can follow the contents easily when doing some homework and not having access to the tutor.
on 9 December 2011
I am doing an open univercity course and trying to learn welsh. this book was recommended and has been a great help with my course.
on 2 September 2011
A superb little book for anyone learning Welsh. This wonderful book gives a thorough and exhaustive rundown on Welsh nouns, pronouns, adjectives and, of course, on the verbs and, indeed, on everything else that the "dysgwr" needs to know in order to understand how this beautiful language works.

Ardderchog!!

Noswaith dda! Iechyd da! Diolch yn fawr!!

Hwyl fawr i chi!!!

There's rhagoral for you, bach!!

A Book of Welsh Bread (Welsh Recipe Booklets)