on 5 July 2012
This book is full of practical information on how to recognise dangerous situations i.e. where there is a threat of physical violence, and how to respond to the threat. It's written for a wide audience, and does not require any previous knowledge of self defence techniques.

The emphasis is on avoiding violence, but if an attack cannot be avoided the book includes simple, practical actions to take to avoid injury and to escape.

A wide range of situations and types of attack is described, and the book includes numerous photographs and illustrations to help the reader to understand the concepts referred to in the text.

In conclusion, an excellent reference for anyone who wishes to understand the threat of violence, and how to successfully deal with it.
on 10 December 2012
I'm ex military and currently stay in shape with a coiuple of hours of Krav Maga a week. Whilst no book can beat instructor lead training this book is an excellent introduction to REAL self defence. It illustrates some practical physical moves after a good introduction to the mental aspects.
I would definitely recomemnd this book as Lesson 1 in any self defence course
on 22 January 2013
I wanted to join some self-defence course but this book took it out of my head. Street fight rules are the jungle rules. If you want to defend yourself you need to use very quick and effective methods. I feel much confident after learning some wise tips. The book not for fighters but for gentelmen who has to deal with unwilling violence.
on 1 July 2012
I have just downloaded the New kindle book on Self Defence by Steve Collins
Over the years i have read several books on self defence but never found any of them to have been of much practical use, even those written by women for women.
The React System in this new kindle is absolutely spot on for any woman that finds herself in a tricky situation, and i would highly recommend it to everybody and
especially to young girls and women. It is easy to read, easy to understand and has given me a confidence that no other self defence book has ever done.
on 1 September 2012
Who needs self defence. Until you read the React self defence system by Steve Collins you do not have the awareness of any possible danger around you. We all go about our business thinking that it is only other people who are exposed to attacks from other members of the public. Just reading the book once makes you aware of what you can do to protect yourself. A second read makes certain aspects of your own safety stick in your mind. The cost of the book is a small price to pay to help you take care of yourself.
on 14 July 2012
Everybody should read this publication. And then buy a copy for the all people around you. Doesnt matter what age,gender,location or social standing you are, the information and advice in this book will enlighten everybody to the dangers around them in everyday life. It is simple to read, and therefore to understand, and there will be something in here that everyone will be able to take from this book, and use to make their world a safer place. Buy it, and protect yourselves and the ones you love. As everyone knows-knowledge is power. Dont become the victim.
on 8 July 2012
I recently read this book and I was very impressed, clear practical advice for all of us. We do tend to live in our own little bubble where 'bad things only happen to someone else' This book gives you a much needed reality check in the simplest terms encouraging us all to be aware of any potential danger out there. Written in such a way as to teach us some basic skills in a very simple practical common sense way. Very Good
on 15 September 2013
Provides information more than about self defence techiniques but gives you a valuable insight into the legalities of self defence. The psychology of avoiding a situation if possible.
The author gives good advice as he encourages the notion that you only defend if you literally have no choice.
He does not just say this he gives you practical methods of how to walk away and how to act in a potentially dangerous situation.
The self defence techinques are clearly explained and the author honestly states that traditional martial arts can be meaningless in a 'street' situation as martial arts techniques in themselves are too complex to implement unless you have an ultracool terminator or robocop persona.
The techinques provided are similar to defend in 3 seconds but this author adds slightly more variety.
Both books are worth reading I have given both books 5 stars.
The main thing I like about this book is it is aimed at people with absolutely no martial arts or any self defence experience.
on 26 June 2012
I needed to find something that was quick and easy to read that would teach myself and my wife how to look after ourselves should we ever need to. We are just about to move to Australia, we found this new kindle book and thought that its +extremely useful and informative, it gives you the confidence and knowledge to be able to do something if you really need to. Well worth the read.
on 28 July 2012
I think this is a fantastic book for women, I will definitely recommend it to all my girlfriends straight away !!!