Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 October 2014
Don't know why I went back to mp3 download. I much prefer a hard copy (cd). Too lazy to think what I was doing. Nothing wrong with this mp3 version I have to add just personal preference. The album's great.
VINE VOICEon 17 February 2014
Bought for my daughter for Christmas. She has always like the Shirelles since being introduced to them by a cassette I bought to play in the car back when she was 14. She was as impressed then as she still is now by their singing and music. Whenever I visit - to see our grandchildren this music is always playing. Seems the youngsters love it too! Three generations of fans here!
Long live the Shirelles! This is a top collection of 60's nostalgia that still has a lot to offer todays music listeners.
on 17 February 2013
I got to hear their first hit "TONIGHTS THE NIGHT from across the water, try and find a copy in this country ? forget it , and then of course "Will you still love me tomorrow " came out on TOP RANK Label copies every where .Problem then was trying to find the follow up's .The distribution of American hits in this country was a mess ,SOLDIER BOY came out on HMV never found a copy in my local shops and the same with FOOLISH LITTLE GIRL that appeared on STATESIDE . Finding Albums never found one in the shops in the 60's , for the small distribution supply you did't get a look in . I am now so happy with tracks galore , thanks to the ones on ACE and now this little gem , if your thinking of being a fan 40 years after ? { My most played track ? "WHAT A SWEET THING THAT WAS "} . Here is a nice little starter for you at a modest price .
on 30 June 2013
Maybe, maybe not but certainly they stood the test of time with songs, lyrics and a performance that would leave modern day "lyp Synch" artists crying into their recording contracts. this is the real deal!
on 28 March 2015
I agree with some of the other reviewers. This is a great record. Recording quality is generally good, packaging is good, brief sleeve notes are informative. If it's the sort of thing you like, you'll really like it. As someone else has noted, the download is scrambled. Someone else also said Soldier Boy is not on this compilation: it's track 2 on CD 1.
on 2 June 2013
One of the best female vocal groups of the 60's. most of their hits are here, the one that is missing and that i think shouls have been included is 'Soldier Boy' otherwise a great collection of songs
on 26 January 2015
I went for the MP3 download and apart from the first track listed the rest bear no relation to the list of tracks shown so I have no idea what I got. The tracks I really wanted don't even appear on the downloaded album so beware!
on 11 April 2013
Recommended for anyone "of a certain age" who enjoyed this period. A much better group of ladies than a lot of their better known peers.
on 5 January 2013
Well packaged ,received at Community Radio played on air and listenerd liked the comtent & two other presenters have played
it as well
on 20 April 2013
this is fantastic brought me back to my youth all the old records i am now quite old but this bring back lots of memories