Customer reviews

USB TV Tuner for MAC - August DVB-T208 - Watch Live Freeview TV on your Apple Computer
Size: Micro - Apple Compatible|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2017
I have been using this (the T210 model) for almost 4 years, use it almost every day plugged into my laptop at home while I work (I work from home, and have a laptop with 2 large external monitors, I show the TV on one of them)

The aerial supplied with it was of no use at all in my area - and would probably only be of any use in an area very close to the transmitter, with a strong signal.
I have been using it with an indoor amplified aerial perched on my windowsill: SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband.

Generally the picture/reception is excellent. It would of course be even better with a roof aerial. Sometimes when the weather is bad I might find that one or two stations are not available that were available the day before - I simply get the message "no signal".

When I first received this I was using the Total Media software provided with it, but for the past year and half I have been using the Windows Media Centre (I am using Windows 7).

For what I wanted, and what it does, it has been very good.
on 25 August 2015
I was looking got ages for a cheap DVB-C USB tuner for my server. This is it!

Despite what the description and the August website say, it supports DVB-C and DVB-T and the drivers are integrated in the Linux Kernel.

This link provides the details of the actual hardware.
on 11 October 2017
3 stars because it's cheap, otherwise 2 stars. It's OK on my Mac, though very clunky software. The worst part is how fragile the thing is. I've had to resort to superglue and duck tape to keep it together
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 October 2016
Great tuner if you use an external aerial hence the 4 stars. The minus star is for the included aerial which is so useless, i used mine as a paint stirrer seriously instead! The actual device (USB) & remote are worth the money though. Bargain!
on 13 June 2017
Be careful - this does NOT receive HD channels as said (hence only 3 star)
Works well with KODI.
Searching for channels with supplied aerial finds doesn't find BBC channels, it will find ITV and a few others (38 channels in total) but using a stronger aerial solved this.
on 26 August 2017
I have just brought this and it came next day, as promised. I have down loaded the driver from the official page and it will not find any channels. I am trying to run on OS Sierra. Also this did not come with a antenna so had to purchase one.
on 12 May 2017
finally one that plug into a roof areal or booster areal because digital channels need a strong signal. great thank you. good product.
on 15 July 2017
Unfortunately will not work in my area... not the fault of the seller, but my fault,product I guess is otherwise ok...
on 17 May 2017
Sad that 4G effectively made this IP obsolete for phone use. DAB TV application works well on a good aerial and is great for background TV news and sport on workshop PC.
on 10 December 2016
August USB Freeview (HD) TV Receiver is excellent. This latest version is the 3rd I have purchased and now boast a programme to show what each TV channel is offering, great. To have HD channels too is splendid. The presentation and quality are brilliant; most impressive. I'm thrilled with it, thank you very much.