on 27 March 2017
Outstanding
on 30 August 2012
Wow the type of app that breathes new life into your phone. Having your Facebook presented in a magazine like format and your you tube and well anything else is a pleasure to use. Indeed Facebook mobile devs could learn so much from these guys. As could all the other newsreader apps out there. I thought Google Currents in terms of usability and a simple set up was a step up from Pulse. Well these guys have just propelled the standard bar into the stratosphere.
on 3 January 2013
Love the magazine format and having everything condensed. This is the perfect app for anyone who loves idle browsing without flipping between programs. Simply brilliant.
on 28 December 2016
Been using Flipboard for a few years. This app on my Kindle Fire HD is fine for viewing content but won't let me save stuff to my magazines (when I try to, it invites me to create a new magazine, rather than letting me choose from my existing ones). Not having any similar problems on my Android phone at the moment.

Unfortunately, this pretty much renders the app useless for me but it would probably be ok for someone just viewing content.
on 11 January 2016
I know nothing of this.
on 7 January 2013
Visually impressive from the start, Flipboard transforms the Kindle HD into an information gathering hub. You choose your interests, favourite newspapers, magazines, photo sites, and Flipboard will compile a digest for you that is effortless to use. A must have app that should be built into the operating system of the Kindle.
on 1 September 2012
Absolutely brilliant, turns your phone/tablet into a magazine, executed with so much more style than any competitor.
Very easy to invent your own channels. Just brilliant.
on 21 December 2013
Flipboard on my android phone is OK, but if course has a tiny screen. So on my Kindle Fire it will be much better, right? Wrong. It's awful. I have logged in to both with the same account and (as far as I know) same settings, but on the Kindle it's just miserable. You wouldn't believe it was the same app. Phone: slide up and down between items. KINDLE: swipe left and right. My phone is always online, kindle is just WiFi - so I'd like to update before I leave the house.... if it's possible I can't find out how.

[When I first wrote this 21Dec13, I gave it **] every article is 100 pages long and all blank from P3 onwards.....

[Now 22nd Jan14 have to downgrade to just *] Every article has become unreadable. There appear to be two panels on every page and they overlap so you can't read either of them. As someone else pointed out, the twitter feed is a random selection of random tweet in a random order (on the summary page) and of course you can't read the tweets on the summary page. When you click a tweet with a web page behind it, you can't read it - same overlapping panels as I mentioned above.

I appear to have the latest [Kindle] version 1.9.26 - I'd hoped there might be an update to fix these problems. My [proper] Android phone has ver 2.2.2 and behaves nicely.

And don't get started on trying to write a review actually USING the kindle!
on 5 February 2017
I have this app on my android phone and love it. It's easy to use and is great for when you just have 10 minutes to spare. However, I decided to download it on my kindle fire so that I had the option of both devices and it left a lot to be desired. There was a lot of freezing and the functioning of it was not as user friendly when it would have been easy enough to have exactly the same functioning as on the android phone. Have now deleted it from my kindle
on 26 March 2014
I love flipboard on my iPhone so wanted it on my kindle thinking it would be great with bigger screen, however I can't open many of the articles to read in full and can't even see my own magazines that I created using my iPhone let alone flip things into them. I also can't add anything to my cover page. Lots of tweaks needed to make this a 5* app on kindle fire. Disappointed!