Size: 1 Pack/S|Change

on 7 August 2013
I needed a complete set of spanners for some car & bike maintenance, saw these six months ago for about £40, I can't turn down the same set for under £30 !!!
Just got to use them at weekend and they do what they should :) not had them stressed on any major rusted parts yet but totally adequate for what I need them for.
Good price & seem good quality.
Impressed.
on 2 September 2016
I am really super pleased with the spanners.

They are very accurate and great to use with the silicone sleeve that aids grip and is not cold to touch. Both ends, the open and ring end work well and I have successfully carried out a few jobs including steering drop links, track rod ends and lower ball joint, then the brake system with new discs, pad and replacing a binding caliper on one side. I also helped a friend with a job on his car too and these are a delight to use.

Some other reviewers have commented that the silicone sleeve gets mucky after use around oily things and this is very true, a quick spray of brake cleaner and a wipe with a rag and they are as good as new again. I live the two metal reinforced holes in the holder, the set if now hanging in my mancave with the spanners available ready for use.

The delivery was prompt and well packaged, a few of the sleeves on the bigger spanners were a little damaged from the rings on others splitting them, maybe some internal bubble wrap would prevent this, not the end of the world though and all in all a really great deal with a full set of spanners upto 32mm for £30. It's not worth buying a really cheap and horrible set that will just fail and possibly snap and splinter, get these, they are great.

(If anyone is wondering the 30mm spanner fits the external LPG gas bottle connectors which is very handy too)
on 14 January 2015
Fantastic. I bought these for my farm workshop. Why these? Because of their red grip their very distinctive and woe betide anyone who removes one from the workshop. I've owed them for a year and still have the full set hanging on the wall which is miraculous.
on 27 March 2016
These Spanners are good quality, I have used them for work in a garage everyday. They don't slip easily so they keep my knuckles intact.... However after a week of working on greasy engines etc the numbers are eligible, hence why I have given them 4 stars
on 21 October 2014
The name is a bit miss leading, with it saying that the are PVC dipped, as I was expecting them to be a like a normal spanner with a thin layer of rubber on them for grip. It is more of sleeve that is shrank around them. That said the sleeve is extremely secure and is probably more durable than what I was expecting. I have had a lot of use out of these on a daily basis at work and they feel very strong, durable and do the job perfectly. If I had to pick on one thing that was bad about them it would be the fact that it is impossible to the red handle clean, but I'm not the sort person that spend hours polishing my tool they are simply a work tool that have a function.
I would recommend these to anyone as usage wise they are as good as the more expensive brands I have sat in the tool box and are perfect for the start up mechanic
on 26 November 2013
The best Quality Spanner set I've ever owned. They are very well made and I would recommend you get yourself some. I also purchased some silverline spanners, but they died after 2nd or 3rd use. These Neilsen ones are still going strong and they have no visible signs of damage even after wallying one or two with a 4lb lump hammer to "assist" with loosening a nut
on 29 March 2015
They seem ok pvc cover gets oily instantly and knightmare to clean I may have to cut mine off but I don't know if the sizes are on the body of the spanner its self that's why I haven't yet .
For the money though even with the pvc they are a good buy
on 29 September 2016
Very surprised at the quality of these spanner's, and the size range, bought as I realised that all my old spanner's now are next to useless as everything is metric so nothing fitted. Well worth the money
on 23 February 2015
The product arrived on the stated delivery date which I was happy about as I ordered the product on a Friday and it arrived Monday (I live in the very north of Scotland) . Unfortunately when I opened the box labled 'amazon' inside there was another box of which was not in a good condition at all it looked like it had been on a shelf then on the floor and kicked around several times. The spanners inside were ok but the 18mm sleeve had a second 17mm spanner inside . Working with cars 18mm is a popular size. The plastic covers on the spanners feel cheap ( I know it was only 30-odd pounds for 25 so I can't expect much more) they are also cut roughly on the ends and are rather loose , once I looked at them all it didn't take Long for me to take a Stanley knife to them and rip them off. I may update in future when I have used them more.
on 15 January 2014
This item is wrong I ordered these after looking for a set like this for ages. Once I ordered them I got an email a few days later saying that the item I ordered is not this item and the set doesn't come with the pvc handles. If I want the handles it will cost me near 50 pound. I was very upset and demanded a refunded from the company. I'm getting my refund but very very disappointed by this. I have got many tools from here and this is the first time it has happened. I have to give 1 star as if won't let me give no stars