Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 26 June 2006
Fantastic! We have had a bread maker for 10 years (Panasonic) and have tried various recipies. Fed up with the American books, that often produce bread that is too sweet, we purchased this book. We thought we produced good bread, but with this book, we produce EXCELLENT BREAD every time! Can not rate this highly enough - if you have a bread maker this is an essential guide ........ an essential book
on 12 November 2003
Having tried most of the recipies in this book I have to say that it is fantastic - everything works really well, Cranbury & Oatmeal loaf, Chocolate & Hazelnut loaf, and Turkish flatbreads are amoungst my favourites but it's hard to choose a loaf which is not delicious. Having had heart surgery last year I have to say that the special diet section is particularly useful. It is one of the few books which takes into account medical conditions and alternatives to flour. All in all top marks and a must for anyone serious about getting the most out of their bread machine.
VINE VOICEon 15 February 2004
After purchasing our breadmaker (RH Breadman Pro 1006), I bought this book which is packed with wonderful ideas for various breads, from the ordinary basic white loaf to the more unusual Cajun Spiced Soya Bread.
I have tried most recipes from this book and stand in awe of the beautiful loaves made from all sorts of ingredients readily available at home. These days it is not unusual at our home to have bread for lunch that I thought was only available from a posh New York deli. We now enjoy Turkish Flatbreads, Brie & Red Currant Loaf, Parmesan & Sundried Tomato Bread, Herb-scented Porcini Mushroom Bread, Fig & Rosemary Sourdough Bread...
And at tea time we enjoy such wonderful delights as Blueberry Pecan and Maple Bread, Date and Walnut Bread and the Spiced Apple and Cinnamon Loaf is simply irresistable, warm with butter....
The loaves are easy to make. The instructions are straight-forward and, if religiously, followed will ensure perfect results. The book also includes recipes using the homemade bread, eg. French Toast and Bread & Butter Pudding, Roasted Vegetable Focaccini ...
For those on special diet - there is a whole array of low-fat, gluten free, high fibre, specialist flour breads.
Not forgetting the cosmopolitans amongst us - there is French bread, Italian bread, Irish bread, German bread, Indian bread, Turkish bread, Greek bread etc etc.
Together with The Complete Bread Machine Cookbook by Sonia Allison you will find yourlelf on a journey of discovery. Bread will never taste the same again.
0Comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2006
I ordered this book at the same time as my new breadmaker (and am glad that I did!). Although I am completely new to breadmaking the recipes in this book are very easy to follow with an excellent section at the beginning listing the different flours and ingredients you may need and what their purpose is.

The book contains basic bread recipes, sourdoughs, tea breads, dough and also, unlike other books on the market, has a section for people with special diets. These include gluten free recipes, high fibre, healthy heart, egg free, menopause and PMT management, yeast free and diabetes.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone, whether novice or experienced.
on 8 February 2007
There are an awful lot of gluten free / wheat free recipes in this book. However, all bar one of the recipes tried so far have turned out well. Panasonic users note the order of ingredients in the recipes is the reverse of those recommended in the manual (liquids first etc) which isn't a major issue. This book, for me, hasn't really lived up to what I expected and I will be purchasing another book with more general recipes.
on 14 January 2009
Before I'd bought this book, I used recipes from my breadmaker to create fairly standard loaves. I couldn't understand why people raved so much about breadmaker bread - to me, it was the experience of making it yourself that made it special, because the taste was easily comparible to bought loaves. But then I tried the basic white recipe in this book, and it blew my socks off, easily surpassing any bought white loaf I've ever had, and making the previous loaves I'd baked seem like bricks. Fluffy, tasty and delicious, the loaf exceeded my expectations completely - and I achieved it with my old breadmaker that had previously been churning out fairly dense, unexciting loaves. The only thing I'd say about it is that it seems a little sweet - but that's to my liking anyway, so it didn't bother me in the slightest!

Since then I've moved on to create the sourdough recipes here, and think they are fantastic too. I know some people have commented on the inclusion of 'special diet' breads, but the other recipes here are so great I might even turn my hand to those too. There are plenty of other recipes which make up for this section, however.

This book also includes a great section about how to make dough in your breadmaker, which is what I was hoping for. It also has a few recipes for meals you can make using bread you've baked, which I think is an excellent and non-intrusive addition - just the right amount are included, so that if you're only interested in bread, they don't overwhelm you.

Overall, I cannot imagine a better bread book for using with your breadmaker. I only wish there were more pictures.
on 11 April 2010
i spent ages deciding on which breadmaker book to buy and wasn't sure i'd gone for the 'right' one. so far, so wrong! i've only had the book a couple of weeks and have made 6 different breads and the pizza dough (which absolutely rocks). my sons and husband are raving about the breads i've produced so far and i'm trying the artisan sourdough tomorrow (it's been very exciting having my starter growing!). i'm honestly looking forward to trying all the recipes at some time.

i've been making so much sourdough and must say how brilliant the recipes are. i use my breadmaker at least 4 times a week.
on 6 November 2007
Have used this book and her others to introduce myself to my new Breadmaker.It contains lots of great advice about flours,fats,toppings and plenty of great hints and tips to ensure you get the best from both the recipe and your machine.The recipes are clearly set out and easy to follow,which if followed accurately,results in a perfect loaf every time.I've had no mishaps yet! Highly recommended for its broad choice of recipes.
on 18 January 2016
I've recently bought the Andrew James Premium Bread Maker and many of the reviews suggested this book for recipes. I absolutely agree - this book is split into handy sections, with easy everyday breads at the front and more extravagant breads as you go through. There is also a pizza dough and a sweet breads/cakes section, which I wholeheartedly recommend. I've had this book for a few weeks now, and made a different loaf every other day or so, and every one has been great - and the pizzas are delicious!
on 22 October 2006
Far too many are gluten free. Good as a supplement or those who want gluten free bread.

I've used the free download from the Panasonic website more than I've used this book.