Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 14 August 2014
'An Abundance of Katherines' is the story of Colin Singleton, former child prodigy who loves anagrams and has been dumped 19 times by girls called Katherines. Colin begins to develop a theorem, 'The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability' which he hopes will predict the future relationships he may have. Following his recent break up with Katherine 19, Colin and his best friend, Hassan, a direct-less genius who is quite happy to stay at home and watch 'Judge Judy' (who he may or may not have a crush on) decide to go on a road trip where they find adventure and a chance to meet the right girl for Colin.

Colin and Hassan have a great friendship and for two boys they were surprisingly honest with each other which I enjoyed reading. Colin is a complicated character because he was obsessed with discovering why his relationships never worked which frustrated me because I felt that he was missing so many good things. Colin constantly tries to define himself and is scared of never finding his place in the world, maybe because of my age, I just felt that he had time to find himself but I remember feeling the same when I was teenager.

I enjoyed 'An Abundance of Katherines' from start to finish, as always John Green writes brilliant and likeable characters.

Rating: 5/5
on 23 August 2017
An Abundance of Katherines has a different feel to John Green's other solo works. Perhaps it's the lack of tragedy.
I personally enjoyed the change. I found the novel funny, extremely readable, and lighthearted. Colin's relationship with his best friend, Hassan, was probably my favourite thing about the story.
on 10 November 2010
The initial storyline is this book was interesting, but I couldn't relate to Colin at all, and he's the main character. The only reason I don't think I related though was because I'm not so smart and he is a genius. However, after reading it I am still trying to work out how do the relationship theory. The story will stick with me and some of the random facts will, like the 'hurricane' in your showers haha.
on 25 November 2017
Wasnt in love with the writing for this one
on 22 June 2017
Fantastic item, would recommend
on 21 June 2014
John Green is quickly becoming my favourite author!! "The Fault In our stars" is an incredible book. I then read his first book "looking For Alaska" which is equally as incredible, but this book lacks something that i cant put my finger on. Its a slow pacing book but from chapter 10 onwards it comes to life and the character of Collins friend actually made me laugh out loud. Right moving on to my next John Green book...
on 5 September 2017
Great book!
on 30 March 2015
Great read.
on 27 December 2012
My daughter wanted this book to add to her collection of hard copy books from this author. she loves the John Green books and would recommend his style of writing.
on 17 February 2012
This book is by far one of my favoruite! It's funny but also answers and deals with some of those awkward questions and moments teenagers have!