on 3 May 2014
good speed, worked great, then... 5 and a half months later... it suddenly became "write protected" then few hours later, it was no longer recognised as a flash drive, instead, windows detects it as something called a '2303 PRAM Device' and does not show in my computer/disk management.
Totally UNUSABLE CORRUPTED and data recovery would cost over 3 times the cost of the device itself. even if possible at all, which when going to a tech store, was not!

Spoke with Amazon Live Chat Customer Service and within minutes, they issued a return and full refund as the 32gb of that line was no longer sold by them.
Excellent Customer Support, would definitely purchase from Amazon.co.uk only, as a preference of this site's service.
Hopping on to buy a 64gb version and hope it lasts this time! =)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 September 2011
The USB is really fast - much faster than the SanDisk Blade.
I really find it fast when transferring big files, but less so when transferring smaller files.

Read/write speeds are decent and are almost as advertised.

The look of it is lovely, but the size is a little big for a 21st century USB. Depends what you are looking for. I personally like having a USB that I can't lose and that's obviously there, not one (like the blade) that is so small and light that you forget you even have it in the first place.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 20 August 2015
I don't know what the other people saw and liked about this flimsy USB stick but it's terrible. I sent it back the day I got it delivered. It's soft and flimsy could easily break and fall apart.
on 19 February 2014
It's fast and it works; what more needs to be said about this product? You'll not regret buying it and it looks good.
on 4 February 2012
If you are thinking of buying a 16GB USB stick, look no further. This is fast and and looks cool too.. I transfered a friend's 8GB data on Win XP in less than 6 mins. Highly recomended.
on 2 May 2011
It is very fast in both read and write, thats what i was looking for and thats what i got. Striking colours and feels nice too.
44 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2012
I bought this to replace my now 3 year old 2GB DataTraveller and comparing the two flash drives you can immediately see how far technology has moved in 3 years. As with my old drive this is quality flash drive that is fast at reading and writing. I was torn between buying this and the USB 3 version which appears faster on paper but did not say how fast it would be on the older USB 2 ports.
since I have a mix of USB2 and USB3 ports I wanted to make sure I would get a reasonable speed on all.
This is a highly recommended drive and worth the money.
on 25 October 2011
Excellent 'plug and play' memory stick, excellent service from provider. Lid and body of memory stick and soft rubber,ideal for shock absorption, well designed 'eye' at the bottom of the memory stick for lanyard. No issued with memory storage or usage, highly recommended product.
on 29 April 2016
In my world, honesty pays a lot. This product (which is labelled as 16GB / 16384MB ) is deceptive. Please see my photo. It is a snapshot of many GB is actually contained on this flash-drive, only 14.6GB. No amount of formatting changes that and I needed 14.8GB to create a system recovery on USB.

Not only has Kingston's dishonesty completely lost me as a customer but I think Amazon and Consumer Affairs should step in to stop this mis-selling and fraud. In all Engineering and Computer Science schools, you lean that 1GB = 1024MB and not 1000MB. I wonder how many would buy this pen-drive if Kingston labelled its actual physical size correctly as 14.6 GB?
review image
on 27 January 2012
Wow.

This drive is fast!

These are my speeds.

USB2 port: 20mb/s write, 31.5mb/s read
USB3 port: 22mb/s write, 35.5mb/s read

Very sturdy. Very easy to use. Very fast. BUY NOW!
55 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse