on 25 March 2014
This device is a cheap piece of junk that actually makes my Wii look worse than it does on component cables. The image quality is "improved" by increasing the contrast to the point where the menus are unreadable. The issue is so bad that the big black borders around the various apps on the main menu have vanished allowing the apps themselves to blend with the white background. So yes, it works with HDMI cables now, but since you can't see what's going on the cure is worse than the disease. I don't know if there are some cheap knockoffs being sold on here disguising themselves as the real products, but if that's the problem then they look exactly like the real thing. I tried to sort this out with the seller, but they don't speak English well and they kept telling me that if the cable works at all I don't deserve a refund. Increasingly suspicious about this shady product.
on 9 July 2012
Wow, i never thought i would be able to get a better quality picture from my Wii but this item has made using the Wii a new experience especially as i have an LED HD tv and it really does enhance the picture quality
on 11 March 2014
failed to de-interlace image on screen
no image enhancement from any of the available screen options. 720p/1080p no change, blurry, interlaced lines, washed out colour.

can only assume i got a faulty one, seller unhelpful.
on 3 September 2013
Newer TVs have a variety of connection points but mine had no SCART connector. The only problems I encountered were the set up menus on the TV. No fault of the device. Works fine at 1080p resolution.
on 17 June 2014
Works very well to get a HDMI output out of your Wii. Especially useful where a lot of modern TVs only have HDMI inputs.

Upscales the games pretty well as well, making them look a little bit better. Recommended.
on 27 July 2016
Had a bit a cash floating around in my pocket so i just randomly ended up buying a mario kart wii bundle with steering wheel etc all boxed as new from gumtree.

Bargain Deals!!

It was either that or get a Chinese takeaway and a load of beers and watch some films.
At least this way my 3 year old daughter can have something to play with and this can actually be my "legit" excuse for buying the thing.

But anyway...

Went and picked the wii up,
managed to grab a few more games on the way back home from sombody else,
Was all exited for the reason being I don't actually have a TV in my living room.
Instead, as part of my home theater set up I have a nice full HD 1080p, 3D projector which I have projecting onto an 82inch fixed screen and the fought of kicking my girls butt on mario kart on an 82inch screen got my juices flowing to say the least.

So i got back and set the wii up and turned it on, only to discover that my picture was all blurred.
I knew for definite that it was because the wii came with an old AV composite cable (red,white,yellow)
i knew this because the picture that I get through my hdmi ports is actually mind blowingly amazing And im pretty sure that because my screen is the size that it is (82inch) the pixels and the overall crappyness that I was getting from the wii were even more visible due to them/it being enlarged.

If that wasn't the problem then i had most definitely been sold a dodgy wii which I would have been very upset about because I could have watched minions and had chicken balls and stella instead.

This is the only reason that I ordered the Wii2HDMI from here.

Don't get me wrong, I know the wii graphics will never be like the wii u or even like any other console such as playstation or xbox, but I definitely needed some sort of fix because what i had was far from acceptable, especially on a larger screen.

This was all yesterday by the way!

Now it's today and my Wii2HDMI is here.
In less than 24 hours!!

Iv had it all plugged in and I must say it does actually make a massive difference compared to the AV wires that I previously played it through.
The picture isn't blurry anymore and the overall quality of it all is a lot more pleasant to look at.
The lines are a lot sharper and the colours are crispy clean.

I never had a component cable or even had the chance to use one so I couldn't tell you my personal experience regarding the difference in quality between that and the Wii2HDMI.
But what I can say is that I personally do not regret buying this item as of yet.
It seems to do exactly what I expected it to do and I'm no longer depressed about the possibility that I could have been mugged off and that i might have had to go and fight some random guy in order to win my money back.

*DO NOT EXPECT MIRACLES!!!*
The Nintendo wii and wii games are only made to produce a certain standard of graphics.
You are not magically going to turn your wii into a ps4!
I really don't know what some of these people that leave bad reviews are thinking when they purchase this item??
It's a NINTENDO Wii, ffs..!!!
Shut up!
Literally...
What are you expecting??

HDMI ports are the future
Nintendo wii is not the future!
It is what it is!
and the Wii2HDMI will help you to get the best out of your console in the modern age.

Unless you have a faulty product then the price of this is not even worth crying over.
It's a bit lightweight/hollow and plasticy hence why I only give it 4 stars but it just sits in the back of your wii not being touched so I don't see any problem with it.

That's it really...
I bought this item and I can now get wii sound and visuals through a HDMI cable which is obviously going to be a better option over the other oldskool methods.

Job done!!!
on 11 September 2013
Easy to install. It does add to the length of the unit, but allows me to connect to HDMI of my Samsung TV which did not have the 3 composite inputs required.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this product.
on 17 February 2016
Good for me as I recently bought an amplifier and speakers for TV/blue ray player/Xbox and Wii all to be connected for better sound. The Wii didn't have hdmi to connect but it does now thanks to this device. Would have given it 5 stars but it didn't work at first and I had to wiggle it around a bit in the Wii before it connected properly
on 26 July 2016
Does the job great, please bare in mind that this device will not make change your WII resolution from 480p to 1080p. All this will do will change the WII analogue signal to a digital signal, you make see a minute increase in quality due to less interference but nothing substantial
on 3 February 2016
I really struggled to find a piece of kit that would allow me to use my old Wii console with an HDTV that only has HDMI sockets. This product looks flimsy and cheap, but has done the job brilliantly. Very happy, bearing in mind some of the other alternative options that seemed so complicated and expensive by comparison.