BabyDan Multi Locks, 2 pieces
Size: 2 Locks|Colour: White|Change

on 20 June 2015
These work very well for our purpose; keeping a curious toddler from opening the built in washing machine cupboard. It's was ridiculously easy to attach (peel, stick & click). I thought it would only work on corner cupboards (b'cos of the photo -- doh!). But it works equally well on side by side cupboards. I personally don't find it a pain to unclip when I need access to the cupboard content. I plan to buy more as I prefer this to the ones you have to screw into your kitchen units (who would want to do that!). My 15 month old is very strong and a determined little chap when he sets his mind to something and he's not been able to pull this off the cupboard. Who knows if he ever will but since the surface is relativity flat I don't think he can grip easily and pull it off.

I'm holding back a star b'cos I don't know if the sticky pad will damage my unit when the time comes to take it off and that won't be for a good few years if my sons curiosity hold up.
review imagereview image
18 people found this helpful
on 26 August 2017
Wanted them for a fridge which had a habit of popping its door open and they worked perfectly. I followed the leave for 24 hours instructions after wiping the surface down with a good solvent (Isopropyl alcohol) and they are as solid as a rock. But worse case, they have small screw holes in each half and come with enough small screws for all four halves..
on 23 October 2017
A simple product at a great price and easy to fit. I have used them to lock fridge and freezer so that elderly mother with dementia cannot get stuff out and leave it. It is easy for someone with reasonable dexterity to open the door but it has defeated mum. I was a little concerned that the adhesive pads would not be strong enough to withstand an adult trying to open the door rather than a toddler for which it is intended but so far no problems. and you could always put 2 locks on to decrease the strain.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 October 2016
Best drive lock ever. Had to buy this as our wolfhound kept raiding the fridge. The final straw was when he developed a taste for prime steak. He didn't even want it cooked.... Just dragged it out of the fridge usually followed by a pit of Greek yogurt or double cream for dessert. Put the fridge lock on and I have been enjoying steak and yoghurt for weeks! Yum yum
on 13 January 2017
Perfect to prevent my toddler opening the freezer!
Super easy to install ( just stick) and does the job!
My son was opening the freezer all the time which led to accumulation of ice on the freezer fan ( needless to say we needed engineer to fix it) since I put this lock he stopped even trying to open the freezer as he tried few times and it was in vain!
Highly recommended, and make sure you clean the areas where you're going to stick so it can adhere properly
on 11 February 2012
Cannot complain about the quality. Although it does not suit all kinds of drawers, cupboards etc. I bought only one to try whether it suits my specific needs. And it actually does not because I have long drawers and one lock is not enough to lock the whole drawer. It successfully holds one end of the drawer but my little rascal can still get the other end opened enough to get his fingers in the crevice. So, if you have long drawers you would need two locks. Another thing I'm a bit worried about is whether it will leave marks on the drawers (or even take some paint with it) once I remove the lock. But that I do not know yet, of course. Overall, a good quality product, if it suits your specific needs.

Update several months later: I'm now trying to remove it, and I have to say it's not easy. I tried to soften the adhesive with my hair drier, but that didn't seem to do anything. Then I just stuck a knife between the adhesive pad and the drawer surface and pulled it away damaging the drawer in the process, but part of the pad is still stuck the surface and is not easy to remove. So far I have tried to apply olive oil to it, which usually removes adhesive from surfaces very well, but not this one. Then I went at it with acetone, which seems to work, but is no miracle either. Takes a lot of work. And is obviously not suitable for all surfaces.
on 6 February 2013
Some reviews have stated that this doesn't stick or can be pulled off by little ones. I personally haven't had any problems with this lock and since buying one for my fridge have bought a further three for a cupboard and two drawers.

I like that this can be opened easily by an adult (or clever child so beware!). Other locks I've got are incredibly difficult to open as you have to hold the base and pull a rubber bit over a small hook.

This has stuck well to my fridge door which is wood effect, also to the cupboard under my bathroom sink which has a shiny coating, my bedside cabinet drawers and I've one on order for my son's bottom drawer.

Despite standing at the bathroom cupboard and pulling like a caged monkey, both sides have remained stuck. I'm not certain that by the time he's a little older he won't have worked out how to get it open, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

For the moment - these locks are working wonderfully well for me and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them - BUT every child is different!
on 26 June 2016
I use these inside the fridge to stop the left hand door from opening into the oven door when it's left open. They work very well although it's not their intended purpose. Two straps have broken as a result of the tight bending that opening and closing the fridge door causes (made worse by the cold I expect) but they have already saved an expensive dent in the new fridge so I just make sure that I have spares on hand.

I use the 3M Command strips to secure them to the fridge door as they hold the catches firmly but allow easy removal when you need to change a broken strap.
on 25 January 2018
Thanks for delivering next day .
They are very good and strong but two of them on one side they are not sticking they are coming off, I cleaned and dry the area before I sticked it but they still coming off.
I was about to order more but I am sceared it is going to happen the same again.
on 4 November 2012
Bought this 3rd October 2012 to stop my children getting in the fridge. I threw it in the bin within a day of receiving it.

Whilst the adhesive on the lock head was very strong, the adhesive on the other piece that you attach to the fridge was extremely weak and my 2 year old was able to pull it off the fridge on his first attempt at pulling the fridge door open with the BabyDan attached. He is no mini Hercules either. I ensured that I had thoroughly cleaned and degreased the surfaces of the fridge to ensure maximum sticking quality. This of course does not apply if you are able to use the screwhole attachments provided to whatever you want to secure (and the product then becomes very good) but if you have something that you can only secure by relying on the strength of the adhesive e.g. a fridge, don't bother wasting money on this item.

My annoyance and low rating for this product is because this is the second BabyDan I purchased to secure my fridge and the second time I have encountered exactly the same problem (I thought that the first one was a one off defective product so went ahead and ordered it again).
6 people found this helpful