on 30 September 2012
Similar to others, I wanted an alternative option to expensive inkjet printing - to be able to print laser colour; to print wirelessly and to be able to print home-made cards on cardstock. Whilst it does print well, it is an expensive purchase and I expected the set up and print to be flawless. Here's what I have experienced:

1) The product comes with a continental two-pin plug (so unless you have an adaptor to hand you may not be able to set up straight away).

2) Setting up the wireless connection was difficult and annoying - I had to seek help and fiddle around with some settings before it would work. So it's not just a simple case of plugging in, connecting and putting in the set up CD rom. Now it is set up it is so convenient - I never have to plug in a USB connection to print again!

3) Be warned that the 'small footprint' and ergonomic design is not completely true! In all the product descriptions and photos, yes it looks sleek in ice grey and ebony brown. HOWEVER after you've set up the printer, you will discover that the print tray is not flush with the rest of the machine. It sticks out by a good 8cm. (This is one of the reasons I did not purchase the Samsung CLP-325 because that is clearly shown in the product images as having a protruding paper tray). You will also find that because the machine is compact, there is no manual feed tray.

4) The printer does not print on cardstock successfully. It currently causes a paper jam for heavier cardstock. I am fairly annoyed because the product description does say the printer will print on cardstock (one of the main reasons for purchasing this item) and as I have discovered there is no manual feed option to fall back on. (I almost sent the printer back because of this one issue). Printing on regular paper and labels seem fine though.

For regular printing it does print well but so far hasn't met my expectations because I had a specific use in mind. I can see for a small office/ home use it is a great product. Wireless printing is genius. However, I wish I spent a bit more time researching this product. This printer is a relatively new product on the market and there aren't that many reviews available. For further reviews try searching the US amazon.com site.

I hope I get the cardstock situation fixed and I look forward to trying the mobile printing app.
99 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 September 2012
My olde Samsung CLP-300 broke down afte years of sterling work. This was has better quality printing and was easy to set up. The 2400x600dpi makes it ideal for most purposes. I can recommend this to everyone.
VINE VOICEon 15 October 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone that's long been disillusioned with Inkjet technology, I have had a Samsung Mono laser for several years (all my photos I now prefer to use an online printshop, it's cheaper than Inkjet and better quality), so getting this, I have so far been really impressed. It's quick to start up, and makes very decent printouts (both colour and mono). Economy doesn't degrade the printouts by any tangible difference, so it's a nice toner-saver. The paper handling works well, and has quite a few tray options. The tray does protrude from the front when it's got A4 in it (something the pictures don't show).

I wouldn't pick this (personally) for colour photo printing, as mentioned, it's cheaper to use printing services for that, but for regular colour printing on a budget, this does fit the bill very nicely, it's extremely well priced and has decent print quality.

Negative points:

The supplied toner cartridges are part-filled (which is a trick all manufacturers play, not just Samsung), but they are still good for 700 mono pages/500 colour pages, so factor that into your pricing.

No networking capability, if you need that, check out the 365W model that comes with Wireless.

Linux "universal" driver isn't very universal at all, it's just x86/x64 intel, there is no ARM CPU support.
on 15 October 2013
After 2 (one a replacement) Epsom 425w printers bought from Tescos refused to recognize there own brand inks both on only the second set of cartridges with only the black used i bought this.
So 87 sheets later i love it, sure the tray sticks out but small price for some thing that WORKS and prints brill on econ mode, nearly all my printing is text.
on 2 January 2014
I chose this to replace an inefficient ink-jet printer for my daughter who is studying Graphics and A-Level Art/Design. The quality of the prints is better and although the cartridges are more expensive, they will need replacing less frequently so this purchase should be more cost-effective in the long run. I also like the eco feature which enables more efficient use of paper.
The printer is sleek, attractive and quiet. It was easy to set up except for having to buy and adapter for the two-pin continental plug supplied.
on 13 June 2016
Toner cartridges are expensive, and very small. As this is a matter of the physical size of the cartridges, you can't just buy larger "non-starter" ones. Printing is very slow, whether in colour or b&w: about 15s per page for a sparse page. This seems driven by the roller speed, not the time to lay out graphics, so I doubt you would ever get it to go faster. The photograph is misleading: the paper tray sticks out about 10cm at the front bottom.

And as someone else said, sometimes it will smoke while printing!
on 9 April 2014
This is my 3rd colour laser printer. Previously had very expensive HP lasers costing an arm and a leg. The quality of print is excellent. Form factor is small. Separate toner cartridges to reduce costs. As a bonus it is the quietest printer (inkjet or laser) that I have owned and I have had a lot as a professional IT engineer. It is quite slow though but I would accept that for the peace and quiet. Also the paper feeds accurately my last HP laser could skew the page from top to bottom by up to 3mm. If you are not in a hurry (relax) then this is another example of a quality samsung product!
on 13 January 2015
This has turned out to be a rubbish printer. replaced after only months of use last year, the replacement has failed in the
same way only months after use again! We are not best pleased especially as we have just purchased a set of cartridges
which are very expensive and cannot be re-used. We asked someone to look at it and it needs a new board, obviously cannot
stand up to any sort of regular use. Very disappointed.
on 13 February 2015
Nice compact little printer. Easy to install and set up. Printing is of reasonable good quality although the first supplied toner cartridges have run out very quickly (I wonder if they were only intro ones - like in an inkjet printer?). Time will tell. The printer finds it difficult to print on glossy paper (even specifically laser glossy paper) and doesn't like to feed paper over 100gsm so can't do photos as I used to with my Epsom inkjet. Maybe I'll get another just for photos?
Black print is fine and clear. And, colour prints are good too. Very Happy with it.
on 6 December 2012
I was disappointed that I couldn't use the toner cartridges left from the CLP 360 which died. The toner cartidges which came with the new machine soon needed replacing as there was hardly any toner in them, and that was an unexpected expense. If I use toner save, the print is so faint as to be almost illegible. It is very pale anyway. A real disappointment after the CLP 300.