on 9 December 2014
It's fairly obvious that a lot of people here are used to inkjet printers, and don't know how to keep a laser printer happy and contented. So here are a few tips......
Firstly, this is obviously not designed for continuous heavy duty office usage, it's a home/small office printer designed to have a small footprint - hence the fairly basic but quite adequate paper tray. Paper shouldn't be left in a laser printer for days on end when it's not in use as a layer of dust on the top sheet will definitely damage the fuser and the transfer belt. That's why the paper tray won't go all the way in when it's got paper in it.
The other thing that can damage the fuser is not setting the machine up for the right kind of paper or card, (simply done in the software print manager, but of course, you'd know that if you read the manual first.... er, you did read the manual first didn't you?)
This sets the heat of the fuser, and is vital. Also make sure you use paper specified as Laser printer/copier paper, NOT cheap 'multi-purpose' stuff, as this tends to have a chalky coating on it, and ANY kind of coating on your paper will transfer itself to the fuser drum and transfer belt, ruining both almost instantly. Photo paper coating gets everywhere, and if you use it even once you might as well throw the machine away and start again.
Finally, spend the little bit extra and get original toner cartridges, All formulations are slightly different, and if you buy compatibles you might be lucky, or you might not. If not, then it's 'replace the belt' time! Samsung toners aren't particularly expensive compared to other laser printers, but can seem expensive compared to inkjet, because you get a lot more printing out of each toner cartridge.
All the above applies to all laser printers, not just this one. There are other pro's and cons - laser prints are generally sharper, but less 'photographic' than inkjet prints, laser prints are waterproof and generally much more fade resistant, and they are less prone to throwing a fit if you don't use them for months on end, as long as you keep them covered. Remember - dust is your enemy :~)
This is the second one of these I'm running now, and the first is still performing brilliantly on a daily basis. Honestly, just about the most trouble-free laser printer I've ever had.
on 23 September 2012
This was the second Samsung printer I have owned - the previous CLP-310 alsted two years of heavy use so I was pretty pleased with that one. The CLP-360 has the same high quality output and better control software than previous versions buta s you would expect, newer printers start to become more flimsy than the previous versions, to keep cost down.

Mine failed after 21 days of hardly any use, insisting that the fuser unit was not fitted, when it clearly was but I was pleased with the Amazon returns process which took it back (its in transit as we speak so I am assuming there will be no quibbling).

The failure to one side, its a good high quality printer like its predecessors although I must admit, I prefer a hard on/off switch and not the soft variety.

Toner cartridges are incompatible with previous variants so not so cheap if your previous printer fails leaving you with consumables which you cannot us. I cannot see why they could not have just kept on using the CLP-310 cartridges as they look and are sized identically.

I'd still buy Samsung as a replacement unless you have a large office with really high usage.
on 26 October 2012
I purchased this as the advert mentioned WPS (wifi protected setup) so assumed it had wifi, this mode does not. I had to return it and change it for the CLP-365W which does have wifi and bizarrely was £7 cheaper. Very small footprint and okay print quality for graphics.
on 12 June 2013
We use the Samsung CLP 360... and I guess we're heavy users in our office. Ive heard of the paper jam errors which we double bluffed and changed our printer paper instantly... no probs there. Since then.. we have had successive error messages to change this unit, change that unit, change belt. I've never known a printer to have soooo many 'consumables' and extra parts that need changing or replacing! I think we could have possibly bought another printer with the amount of replacements we have made (which are not cheap). Despite this gripe, print quality is good... Its just expensive and time consuming to keep it running!
on 28 November 2014
I've never written a review before but I feel compelled to in this case.

Hands down this is the worst printer I've ever had the mis-fortune of owning. Print errors every other sheet, difficult to set up, would switch itself onto sleep mode after a short period of time, and as the ink costs - scandalous.

I will say the print quality and speed when it did work were excellent.

But basically what I was a no fuss printer. This was certainly not that.
on 22 November 2012
It's a bit early to say how good the printer is - the cost of replacement toner will be a big factor. Out the box it works well, and is significantly faster than my old inkjet. Print quality is fine in both B&W and colour. Photos, as often noted with cheap laser/LED printers), are not quite as good as with a cheap inkjet, but we discovered that (on Windows) using the Windows Picture Viewer to print JPGs produced much better results than, for example, Word. No idea why, but the difference is pretty big - the colours are much truer (and not so dark) and the detail is better.
on 25 January 2013
I have now bought two of these printers from Amazon. It is an excellent model, great results, good quality, considering the initial low cost. The price of the replacement toner cartridges is, however, laughable. I have therefore kept each printer for a year and when the toner has run out I give it to my local recycling shop and buy a new one. I know the original toner cartridges are supposed to be of smaller capacity than the replacements but to me a years trouble free laser printing for £90 is a snip!
on 26 January 2015
I've had this printer for almost a year now I think and I will summarise my experience with it in 5 words.

"Paper jam Inside of machine"

It really is an absolute pain - I purchased a printer like this to save time on large print-jobs putting folders together, but the amount of time I have to turn around to open the machine, remove jammed paper and continue is insane.

I have tried various gsm paper, positioning and so one, on one occasion I had to almost dissasemble the machine and use a knife to cut the screwed up paper out of it that was burning/singed due to the heating process.

When it works - it's LOVELY, but that is not often
on 16 December 2013
A friend bought me this as a present and at first it just would not connect to my Mac even though it said it would. previously most things have connected to the mac easily. In the end after a long struggle I did get it to make contact so it printed a few test sheets. Just recently I thought I print something else I got a paper jam and but now the paper will not feed past the fuser. Tried clearing any obstructions but so far with no effect. Looks as if I will need to find a replacement.

NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED
on 26 February 2015
I bought this printer for my small design business and unfortunately I had a lot of problems with colour matching and quality of prints. The ink is very vibrant and I had a nightmare trying to colour match with print outs from my commercial printer. I also couldn't get it to print a consistant solid colour without it looking washed out or patchy. Full page prints had some kind of oil stain down one side. In the end I sent it back as it was pretty much useless to me.

I ended up buying a Canon i-Sensys LBP7100CN and even though I have only had it a day I have to say it is so much better than the Samsung. A little more to buy and run, but the print quality on satin coated laser paper is flawless. I have even sent 300gsm card through it and it printed really nicely though with significant page curl (have to figure out how to flatten that out!)