on 22 July 2012
A brilliant hand mixer. Powerful, quiet & light! Better than far more expensive models. I do a lot of baking, and I'm very impressed with this machine. No problem with beaters (I don't know why other people have found this difficult!)- you just have to put them in the correct holes - easy as they are marked. Looks to be of strong construction and is simple to clean. Recommended.
on 30 October 2012
I am more than pleased with the Mixer and perhaps more importantly so is "She Who Must Be Obeyed" !! the Mixer does all that is needed and the fact that it will stand quite easily and safely on its base is a bonus point. I note in various reviews that some have had a problem when inserting the wrong mixer paddle in the wrong hole and am at a loss to understand why this happens as the small diagram and the 'Manual' show quite clearly where the paddle with the collar on the stem should go.
The Mixer was delivered quickly as promised and was well packaged. I have no hesitation in recommending both the Mixer and the Seller.
H. Sampson
on 29 August 2012
After searching for a new mixer I found the Andrew James 300 at a fair price but still wasn't sure when I read some of the reviews, however I went ahead and bought it and haven't been disappointed, it is powerful and a good looking product the beaters are easy to insert and eject (which was a main complaint in the reviews. Very pleased.
on 26 September 2012
Lovely little mixer! I bought this mixer to replace an Anthony Worral Thompson mixer which recently broke after years and years of heavy use. Its not too heavy to hold and I'm glad to say I couldn't wait to use it once it arrived. It arrived well before the date stated, so I was chuffed when it did come earlier. Can't wait to make more and more cakes and other things!!!There's also a balloon whisk which came free with the mixer, which I haven't had the chance to use yet though, but I will!! The cord wraps around easily around the base of the mixer for easy storage. And with 5 speeds and a turbo button too it makes an easy job of mixing anything you like. Ive never bought an Andrew James appliance before so I'm hoping this one will last as long as my old one did, with years of baking pleasure!! Would recommend this mixer to everyone. Thank you Amazon, for a great little product.
on 17 September 2013
We are very pleased with the purchase as we do not use it very often but it has served well so far in the year we've owned it.

The only reason I drop a star is because it very annoyingly sucks flour (or anything from the air) at the front of the mixer and is quite annoying to clean in that area. They could have made the suction vents at the back and prevent this from happening. The other aspects deserve 5 stars so if you do not care about leaving it dirty around the vents it is the perfect cheap hand mixer (I personally do not clean it as it is too much work but it looks rather nasty like that).

Otherwise it is very powerful, made from quite durable glossy plastic and does the job quite well for a simple household hand mixer. It has been used in various cakes and bakes roughly one or two times a month.
on 11 October 2012
Andrew James Powerful 300 Watt Hand Mixer With Chrome Beaters, Dough Hooks, 5 Speed With Turbo Button + Bonus FREE Balloon Whisk
This is a great mixer. The five speeds make it suitable for a whole range of tasks. It is sturdy and well designed.
The delivery was quicker than I had been told and it was well packed.
on 11 November 2012
I am so pleased with this hand mixer - having read some of the mixed reviews I was a bit unsure at first but, having now used my new mixer a number of times, I can say that it's a great product. Heavier than most handmixers but not too heavy to hold - the beaters are well made & the whole thing feels like the good quality product it is. The beaters fit into their own holes but it is quite easy to figure out which way they go. A very good buy.
on 22 November 2012
Arrived before expected, did have a slight issue, but Andrew James customer services could'nt have been more helpful.
The hand mixer is easy to use, and can't understand why some of the reviewers said they had problems with attaching the beaters. I like the fact it can be stood up, which a lot of hand mixers can't. Hav'nt as yet used the dough hook, and probably won't, as I prefer kneading bread by hand. The turbo boost is great, again not a function many hand mixers have. The machine is very sturdy does all its asked to do, so am very pleased.
on 21 April 2014
As with all Andrew James products I am extremely satisfied with this mixer, in fact I would say it is the best I have ever used. I must add that I make at least 3 cakes a week for family and friends , and a nibble or two for myself, so I know all about hand held mixers. I do not hesitate to recommend this mixer
on 14 March 2015
This arrived quickly and looks great, but be warned, it's incredibly powerful, it's like trying to hold a speedboat in your hand - not suitable for the frail, (some) elderly folk or kids, my 12 year old almost lost his grip on it, I had visions of him being dragged behind it like a cartoon lawnmower. Hang on to it and it'll do its job just fine - put a tea towel under the bowl! (It does suck flour in to the grill like all the other reviews say too.)