All I Was
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 July 2015
Anyone who loves hard rock music with already be familiar with Mark Tremonti. Finding fame as the guitarist for 90's rockers Creed and more recently in Alter Bridge, "All I Was" is his first venture into a solo album taking lead vocals on as well.

Tremonti is of course the band name strictly speaking, but this album is the work of Mark himself no doubt about that.

You always got the impression that Mark never really flexed his guitar muscles in Creed, Alter Bridge sort of fixed that but now he's able to display those heavy and speed metal influences in his music, while still maintaining that crucial musical melody.

Lead single "You Waste Your Time" is a classic example, hard, heavy and melodic with a solo to boot.

The music here is hard hitting, heavy and fast. Mark vocals are decent as well, he doesn't have quite the same range as Myles Kennedy but nevertheless an accomplished performance.

In summary, If you like your rock and metal melodic with plenty of solos, then this record will be right up your street.
I wasn't sure quite how good it was going to be but from such a complete musician my doubts were unfounded.

Mark Tremonti is one of the best guitarists in the world and this record proves it, quite simply an essential listen.
on 6 February 2016
Do not be fooled into thinking this better than Alter bridge,that is excitement creeping when you realise Mark Tremonti is pretty damn good at writing and singing his own tracks,but alot of them cud be alter bridge,infact it almost sounds like when myles kennedy went for a pepsi and cigarette outside,tremonti nicked his demos and stashed them in his guitar case.

Does this matter? Not one bit. The songs are strong rockers,fusing creed, alter bridge, and metallica,infact Marks voice is lower than M.K.s and although nowhere close in terms of skill, range or soul,it holds its own to the tracks suited. Monotone Baritone would be a fine suit,the singing never whales,but Mark has pipes that give these tunes a raw post grunge bar rock sound,no thrills but strong enough to kick ass and sound manly! Deep dark dry voice,fits the raw n ready rock he is playing.
on 3 November 2015
Driven, deeply motivational and truly good listening. As a fan of Alter Bridge and some of Cree's music I thought I'd try Tremonti when I stumbled upon it accidentally on youtube. I'm not dissapointed. I can see why Mark Tremonti fought to write this away from the other bands he works with now, as it really is his unique style and emotion.

Personal favourites include Leave It Alone, All I Was, The Things I've Seen and Proof.

Mark's vocals are strong and thought provoking, some very good lyrics if you like to listen to the subject matter, but you won't be dissappointed if you prefer to listen to the melody either. The power in this album is astounding and I love to play this on my phone or mp3 when I need that little bit of momentum to clean, draw or garden, it really gets you moving. Also great cruising music if you've got a long drive ahead of you.
on 19 January 2016
This is TREMONTIS debut album. TREMONTI is MARK TREMONTI of CREED, ALTER BRIDGE fame. MARK has always said that he made his millions in CREED then formed ALTER BRIDGE and this his solo band as he,s always been a HEAVY METAL fan. This is modern melodic heavy metal, the geetar is heavy and distorted and his singing is very good and tuneful. This is a band though not a vanity solo project like some solo albums. This is TREMONTIS first of 2 albums released the other is CAUTERIZE and that is very good too. They play DOWNLOAD this year and play about 4dates on their own so you will be able to see them in a small club which is always good. Buy both cds .
on 17 July 2012
Having been a huge fan of Creed and more so Alter Bridge for years i couldn't wait to get hold of this album and to me it doesn't dissapoint. Mark Tremonti has an awesome playing style mixing really heavy riffs with beautiful melodies and now to add to that a pretty darn good vocal to! The band playing here are also on fire the drumming is crisp and powerful and the playing of Eric freidman (creeds touring guitarist) gives the songs extra punch. Alter Bridge fans will love this album, any fans of tremonti's playing will love this album its brilliant.
on 11 April 2018
I'm a huge Alter Bridge fan and this side project by lead guitarist Mark Tremonti is superb. He has a brilliant voice to add to his superb guitar playing. A great modern rock record. If you're a fan of Alter Bridge this is a must.
on 27 August 2012
I agree with most other reviewers. This is amazingly good stuff. It is possibly my album of the year, there is just nothing weak here, it is all perfect. The find is how powerful a singer Mark is. In case Myles Kennedy defects for good, Alter Bridge could easily become a trio - heretically, I would even say it would be for the better, because Mark has got a powerful voice that I prefer to Myles'. But I am not sure I mean that.
Anyway, this is a stellar album. It's not a guitar-focused work you might expect from him in a solo effort, it's about songs and Mark has written, sung, played them with brilliance. Hats off to Mark.
MUST HAVE.
on 22 July 2012
Who knew Tremonti was hiding this voice behind Myles & Scott? wow, I know Mark is an amazing guitarist but the best thing for me about this album is the vocals, I cannot wait to hear this album live purely for that reason alone.
This entire album is packed full of stand out tracks, if I had to pick the ones that really jump out I would say 'Decay' 'The Things I've Seen' and the one that was released a few weeks back and got everyone pumped for this album 'Waste Your Time' but in reality every track is brilliant, I have had this since it came out and it's on repeat constantly.
Cannot wait for the tour!
Edited to say, I have now seen Tremonti live and heard these tracks, along with some B sides, and they translate to live amazingly well, Decay is a total crowd sing-along track, Marks voice really holds up through a whole show!
on 25 December 2012
Like many people reading this I am a big fan of Creed and Alterbridge. I am also a very average guitarist and am constantly amazed by guys that can not only play but sing as well.

Mark Tremonti is up there with my personal greats and with this recording he has excelled. If Amazon would allow 10 stars then this would get them all.

I won't go through each track by track but my favourites are "giving up", "proof" and "doesn't matter".

However, my personal highlight is "the things I've seen". I was lucky to avoid the "blinds, seat trays and turn off all electronic equipment" call of the flight crew of a Jet 2 757 on its final approach to Arrecife (Lanzarote) airport in August. I had this track playing through my headphones and to look out at the sky and sea as the plane banked will live with me till the day I die - a real moment of truth.

For that moment alone Mark Tremonti will have my eternal thanks and if you ever get to read any of these reviews Mark, thank you for some inspirational and very moving music.
on 23 August 2012
Well I am not often given to hyperbole but then again it is rare for me to listen to one CD every day for 30 days in a row. My God this album kicks ass. Marc Tremonti's credentials as a guitarist are well established but this is so much more than a vanity fretfest project and allows him to demonstrate strong voice both lyrically and vocally. This is a mean, meaty hybrid of modern melodic metal with a dash of old school thrash thrown in but that is just a snapshot of the whole and oversimplifying things. Each song on this record has been well honed and then polished until it shines with the entire band in sync and dedicated to deliver. On his site Marc talks about his genuine care of crafting solos to fit these songs and your ears will appreciate that dedication and investment. An awesome ride from start to finish, I seriously doubt anything will top this in 2012 for sheer musicality and songcraft.