on 15 November 2012
I searched for quite some time for the perfect set of fairy lights to brighten my otherwise dark room. In very few places did I see such a considerable length of lights (many are just a few metres long), and for such an excellent price. These are long enough to drape along an entire length of my room and make such a noticeable difference to the ambiance - in fact, I've had numerous people compliment them and ask where I found them!

The only one slight niggle I have with them is the control of the light settings (e.g. constant, flashing, fading). I am unsure about other people, but I personally like to have the lights on constantly when I am in my room. Unfortunately this is not the default setting but the eighth setting on the control panel, meaning that each time I want to switch them on I have to cycle through all of the settings. This isn't enough to lose the product a star as I don't think it impacts too significantly and they're still excellent value. However if they were to be redesigned I would certainly consider making the constant setting the default.
66 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2016
 Really great lights, a nice glow to them so they're not too white. There are loads so they fit round my room nicely. There are two downsides: Firstly, for me the settings are mostly useless. This is because I have them in my room and not on a christmas tree. There are only two settings I use, one where the lights slowly get brighter and dimmer, which is nice for going to sleep, and the last one which is always on. a few of the settings are really similar, and some are like strobe lights, which I think are horrible but if they're going on a tree I guess it would be fine. It would be nicer if there were more gentler settings because most of them aren't. The second downside is that there is no switch. The settings must be changed by pressing a button which cycles through the different options, and to turn it off, it must be unplugged.otherwise, they're great lights and I love how they look in my room. I've added a video with all the settings and the times they appear in the video. My favourites are 4 (similar to 6 but doesn't get as bright) and 8.
2: 00:12
3: 00:47
4: 00:56
5: 01:37
6: 01:49
7: 02:09
8: 02:26
on 19 April 2016
I'll start by saying I do like these lights and they are hung above my bed and used frequently. My problem is that the plug broke very quickly with the casing coming undone exposing the circuit board and wiring inside. It ended up giving my quite a bad electric shock the first time it happened as I unplugged them. I've since taped it shut with electrical tape (first picture) and they are fine since, I just can't use the button to change the settings - which I'm pointing to in the second picture.
To sum up, I still use the lights every day and they are a lovely warm tone which is very relaxing at night time. The plug lets it down massively though and I will never appreciate an electric shock ha!
review image review image
on 3 May 2016
I was massively impressed with these lights.
I bought them for an Oscars themed party to light the kitchen.
I wanted a bit of ambience to make it look like a bar.
They gave off a nice bright, but lovely warm glow.
Considering I bought the 400 light string, they seemed to go on for days.
I started to wonder whether I'd bought a 1000 light string.
They were perfectly spaced apart and there was the perfect amount of cord from the plug to the first light.
I've attached a picture but the picture doesn't show the full length of the lights.
They went round the Hollywood sign twice, round my door frame, then around the rest of the kitchen and the end still had a bunch of lights left.
Super impressed and will most definitely order again.
review image
on 24 June 2016
Really disappointed with the this product is marketed. It describes itself as suitable for garden parties and is listed in Outdoor Garden Lighting, and yet when it comes, it's only suitable for indoor.

Such a shame, as it's a beautiful string and would look lovely in the garden, sadly I'll be sending this back.
on 20 June 2016
Considering that Ikea sells these exact same lights for 5 pounds per 20 LED String lights and it's battery operated with only one setting, I'd say I got quite the steal. Tons of different options, exactly the same colour as in the photo, not too heavy with a nice big of cord after the plug before your lights start so you can set them up how you want them. I am in love with these and will definitely order more in the future. Delivery time was super quick and so far none have stopped working and I've had them on all night. You will not regret these!
on 11 April 2016
Every year I buy a real Christmas tree and make it a real big part of our festive celebrations. I have purchased lights online before and been very disappointed with them. Last year I chose to buy these particular lights and they were absolutely beautiful they have such a warm glow without being over bright. I bought the 300 set and they were more than enough for a six foot tree, the only downside as mentioned before is the lack of a rotary dial instead of the button to change the settings, otherwise these are 5 Stars.
review image
on 28 October 2013
These are great value for money. I bought the 300 set - plenty for a 6ft tree. The soft tone is just what I wanted.
on 17 September 2012
Bought these after doing much research online and they are brilliant. Really well made and look wonderful. They are nice and bright. I have put them along the ceiling beams in my summerhouse and everyone loves them!
on 28 February 2016
I love these lights. They come with a plug, not a battery pack.
They all work and the warm white looks good against white walls. They hold up well with the tiny, clear command hooks.
I should've got 200 or even 300 for a more dramatic effect.
Small point: They are annoying to unravel and don't lie the same way because of the way they came wrapped.
Nevertheless, they're great to look at and add a nice ambience to the room.