on 8 July 2012
I bought this book to take part in a Quilting Bee based upon the slab technique outlined in the beginning of the book. In addition, I have found that the book provides a welcome respite from the heavy investment in expensive quilting cotton required by many quilting publications. The authors are at pains to explain that the premise of the quilt patterns provided are to use up scraps, and provide excellent advice on organising your scraps to get maximum usage. The patterns provided range in difficulty from beginner to advanced intermediate. Unlike many quilting publications, the authors provide information and close-up photographs of the quilting for each pattern, along with their reasons for selecting the various quilting patterns.

I would definitely recommend this book to relatively new quilters who are beginning to build up a store of scraps but have not yet worked out what to do with them.
on 12 May 2012
not sure what the title means, but this book has lots of lovely ideas for using up those scraps of fabrics as well as larger pieces. The instructions are clear and precise and the photos are lovely. I bought this book for the ideas rather than the quilt making, but now I might just be inspired.
on 19 June 2012
What an amazing book this is! Full of gorgeous quilt eye candy and yet a real book that actually makes me want to use my scraps!! I can see me making quilts from this book!
on 14 June 2012
What a great book. Lots of practical advice on how to sort your fabrics and wonderful ideas for some modern quilts. Can't wait to get started.
on 23 May 2012
What a fabulous book! Full of new ideas and inspiration . My favourite quilting book, from an ever growing selection! I will never throw any oddments of fabric away again, now I know just what to do with them.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 10 September 2012
Have you just spent a lazy Sunday or did you work over a hot stove, have fun with the family or spend the day arguing? Now there's an added purpose to your Sundays with 'Sunday Morning Quilts'. You could say you are cleaning the house or de-cluttering by gathering all those scrap fabrics together and putting them to good use at last. Two passionate quilters provide contemporary ideas for quilts. Find advice on how to sort, cut, store and more. I love the fabric scraps knitted mat. This book is even suitable for beginners as it starts with quilt making basics. Projects include a quilted storage box, the rest of the book has details for making 15 quilts. This should seriously deplete your stash and scraps. I like the fact that there are ideas for using scraps of different shapes and sizes. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 14 April 2014
If you like scrappy, modern quilts and are new to quilting this book is a really good place to start. There are clear instructions, both about quilt-making and for all the individual quilts. The Kindle edition is easy to navigate and there is a link for downloadable templates where these are required which saves all the problem of trying to recreate templates from ebooks. The style of the writing is upbeat and made me smile. They have good suggestions for a novice quilt maker (and even for those with more experience) about fabric choice and sorting fabrics. There was only one place where I would have liked to know why they had chosen a certain approach, but that was personal preference and it did not detract from the book. Well worth the money.
on 10 February 2013
I've been quilting around 2 years. I like more modern quilts. The quilts in this book really inspired me. I have lots of quilting books; but this is one of my favourites for ideas and motivation.
on 22 August 2012
This book is totally inspiring. It encouraged me to sort my bags of scraps by colour and then embark on a new method of patchwork for me - creating slabs. I am now on block 14 of 24 and loving the experience. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
on 4 February 2013
I devoured this book cover to cover on Saturday morning with two cups of tea. It is just one of those books that you have to keep reading to see what is inside.

Many great projects inside and very informative. Finally a MODERN quilting book with fresh lovely fabrics - at last as many books on this topic appear to be uninspiring and old fashioned.

I am pleased to say that i will definately be making one or two items from this book, so although it will look great added to my vast selection of sewing books it will be well used and loaned too.