on 7 November 2013
This book was easy to read, pick up and put down etc. At first I wasn't sure I liked it but as I read on I really liked how it was written, like a gentle stream of simple pretty ideas. Painting your broom handle a nice colour really stood out for me ! I looked at mine and there it was stood up against the wall all dull looking and brown, I would never have thought of painting it to add the joy of colour to something I use every day, and there is something special about sweeping your kitchen floor ! The little things really can make a difference, little touches of thoughtfulness here and there. I think I will read it again, it was a very pleasant read !
on 16 June 2012
You don't have to live in an thatched cottage in a picturesque village to find great joy in this collection of treats. This is for everyone who wants to take a moment to step out of their busy lives and re-charge. With this e-book Alison May opens up a whole world of simple, genuine, pleasures to improve your day and your surroundings and truly make them your own...
So get yourself a nice hot drink and slice of something sweet and settle down to sheer enjoyment...
on 13 June 2012
I love Alison's writing, and usually buy all sorts of articles and books from her, directly from her brocante home website. This book is lovely for dipping in and out of as the year goes by. If you're ever feeling discouraged with your domestic homelife, Alison helps to relight the fire of enthusiasm about your home. There are lots of little ideas in this book, for celebrating both the ordinary, and the celebrations of life - I love it!
on 3 December 2013
You will like this if you are a homemaker with plenty of time and like to use a lot of ribbon and teatowels. I never did call my children babbas. I felt a little embarrassed to have downloaded this one. Old fashioned mother's will love this, just not my thing.
on 13 June 2012
Alison's blog has been inspiring me for a while now, and I can wholeheartedly recommend her first book. It's full of little ways to brighten your day and make your home feel like the cosy welcoming place you long it to be. I hope this is the first of many publications!
on 20 August 2015
I got to 15% on my Kindle with this before I felt nauseous. I'm a positive and mindful person and I love cleaning and keeping my house nice but this collection of "scrumptious" lavender scented, sugary sweet snippets is just too much. Deleted.
on 20 May 2014
A lot of the suggestions in the book I would never do. The words delicious and scrumptious are over used to the point of being annoying. I really wish I had not downloaded it.
on 3 February 2014
I'll start by saying that I did genuinely enjoy this book. The ideas are a little repetitive in places (there's a lot of putting blankets in baskets!), but there are also some real gems. Overall, it's a feel-good book that makes for a real comfort read and conjures up some beautiful fireside imagery.

My two complaints are:

a) By the time you're a couple of pages in, you will never want to see or hear the words "delicious," or "scrumptious," again. A catchphrase can be overused!
b) The author has very strange ideas about the correct use of apostrophes, and will force them into random words where they don't belong. The book, (at least the Kindle version), would benefit greatly from being professionally proofread.
on 9 March 2014
I'm currently decorating my house and have got so many beautiful, simple creative ideas from this book. I loved it so much I read it cover to cover and planned out my whole year in puttery treats. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but I think it's a gorgeous book and I can't wait to get started making my home my sanctuary.
on 12 April 2013
I don't quite know why, but having this on my Kindle is like carrying around a bit of home. A lovely little book full of nostalgia and love that has made this decidedly non-domestic woman want to nest with the best of them.

Utterly delicious and comforting to dip into when feeling stressed - I'm transported straight back into my much-loved home to waft lavender and love about - instead of being on a crowded train or taking a rushed lunch.

A lovely treat to keep on your Kindle - thank you for this Alison!