on 6 August 2013
Chose this book as I love all things vintage, homemade and scrumptious! Was also a very cheap kindle purchase. Absolutely loved every word! Such a fascinating book jam packed with wonderful ideas to help create a perfectly charming home with ideas such as creating your own reading basket to beautiful ways to make your children smile. Couldn't stop reading this book and was sad when I reached the end (although I will read again and again) ! Thoroughly recommend for any "housekeeper" who would like some good old fashioned charm back in their house and their life.
on 17 June 2017
What a lovely treat to read, inspiration and comfort in a book, perfect for every season and for everyone who loves their home. I am going to try so many of the ideas and inspirations in this lovely lovely book.
what a beautiful book
on 2 August 2014
Love this book!
on 16 June 2012
You don't have to live in an thatched cottage in a picturesque village to find great joy in this collection of treats. This is for everyone who wants to take a moment to step out of their busy lives and re-charge. With this e-book Alison May opens up a whole world of simple, genuine, pleasures to improve your day and your surroundings and truly make them your own...
So get yourself a nice hot drink and slice of something sweet and settle down to sheer enjoyment...
on 13 June 2012
I love Alison's writing, and usually buy all sorts of articles and books from her, directly from her brocante home website. This book is lovely for dipping in and out of as the year goes by. If you're ever feeling discouraged with your domestic homelife, Alison helps to relight the fire of enthusiasm about your home. There are lots of little ideas in this book, for celebrating both the ordinary, and the celebrations of life - I love it!
on 13 June 2012
Alison's blog has been inspiring me for a while now, and I can wholeheartedly recommend her first book. It's full of little ways to brighten your day and make your home feel like the cosy welcoming place you long it to be. I hope this is the first of many publications!
on 7 November 2013
This book was easy to read, pick up and put down etc. At first I wasn't sure I liked it but as I read on I really liked how it was written, like a gentle stream of simple pretty ideas. Painting your broom handle a nice colour really stood out for me ! I looked at mine and there it was stood up against the wall all dull looking and brown, I would never have thought of painting it to add the joy of colour to something I use every day, and there is something special about sweeping your kitchen floor ! The little things really can make a difference, little touches of thoughtfulness here and there. I think I will read it again, it was a very pleasant read !
on 12 April 2013
I don't quite know why, but having this on my Kindle is like carrying around a bit of home. A lovely little book full of nostalgia and love that has made this decidedly non-domestic woman want to nest with the best of them.

Utterly delicious and comforting to dip into when feeling stressed - I'm transported straight back into my much-loved home to waft lavender and love about - instead of being on a crowded train or taking a rushed lunch.

A lovely treat to keep on your Kindle - thank you for this Alison!
on 16 June 2013
What planet does this woman live on? It is good and has good ideas for housekeeping. I'm not sure I have the time or inclination to agree gingham around my house!