Customer reviews

Kontrol Freek Thumb Stick Addon CQC 360 Black (Xbox 360)

on 5 October 2012
Ok first off just like to say that these or any other analog stick peripherals won't turn a bad player into a good player,
what they will do is give u added length on the analog sticks so u can move it about faster with more precision without having to turn your sensitivity up so high that u feel your not in control.
Now i've tried the regular control freeks & these & defo notice a difference. With the CQC u get just enough extra height without feeling Limited & awkward while moving the stick, what i mean by limited is with the standard control freeks is with them being that bit bigger i found it was more difficult to dropshot as u have to push down further where as with these it feels so much easier with them being smaller, now i'm not trying knock the bigger control freeks as for nearly 2 years i played with them & on MW3 have amassed a 2.38-KD(still rising) while using them, its just the dropshot thing bothered me & my old 1's whey i bit worn(both of them, i only use on right analog stick(recommended)& 1 control freek lasted about a year each before rubber started tearing).
on 28 March 2014
what can i say - i love them
they do take quite a lot of getting used to but once i had played a few games like Battlefield 4 or crysis 3 Borderlands 2 for a few days i honestly cant go back.
the smotth feel it gives to the controller is a joy to be expereanced.

the product is well made and the rubber tips are top quality making holding a pad for hours on end very comfortable
you may get a bit of thumb strain at first but it goes very quickly as your thumbs addapt to the extra strech needed to use them.
they grip so well to the existing joysticks you would think they were part of the controller.
the only downside i have expreanced is when you have to sprint by pressing down on the joystick as its slightly more awkward than it is normaly.
apart from that a simple and effective way to have more comfort and control in our beloved Games.
recomeded.
on 1 December 2015
Im still unsure on these i have used them for about a week now and have not noticed a difference either way really. I have felt a little better at aiming but thats because i dropped my sensitivity from a 9 to a 7 on BO2. My aim before was basically moving the sight left to right quite fast in order to stay on target, now i seem to "Lock On" to targets resulting in better accuracy but this could just be due to me lowering the sensitivity. Don't expect game changing results but i think they work. I am averaging about 8 to 10 per S and D game on BO2 usually meaning i am top of the leader board.
on 25 January 2014
I actually use these on my ps4 controller and they fit perfectly! The grip is a lot better that standard thumbsticks and not too high either
on 26 February 2014
The set does what it's supposed to: fingers don't slip off the controls and so with the CQC PS3 controller sticks are easier to handle. Because it's rubber of some sort, the sticks also feel more comfortable to the touch than the plastic triggers without covers. However, even though CQC is apparently lower than other Kontrol Freek models, it still makes the sticks taller than, for example, the trigger covers in a "EA Sports: Comfort Play Pack with Game Grip Technology". The sticks being taller makes them slightly more uncomfortable, as the thumbs are less relaxed with a wider grip necessary. The covers in the EA sports pack didn't last very long, though. The rubber tore off one after some time. The CQC ones feel like the same thing could happen to them.
on 24 March 2014
The manufacturers claim 40% increase in accuracy.
I have manged to increase my sensitivity from 3 to 5, which has increased my accuracy about 10 - at best.
Maybe with time I will be able to further increase my sensitivity.

The L3 button is more difficult to use for sprinting.

Overall it has improved my shooting but in no way as much as I expected.
For it's price I would just about recommend it for FPS games, Call of Duty.
on 23 September 2013
I received these very quickly and they were all fine when I used them, comfortable and very easy to use, they definitely improve sniping on xbox. I have compared them to my friends, taller, but older pair and i would prefer mine. One thing that has happened to them though is that the plastic tops have come off the tops but they are easily stuck back on with super glue, I believe this is by my over use of them.
on 3 November 2013
I've been using these for nearly 3 months now and have definately seen an improvement in my accuracy. I'm a call of duty fan and play the game everyday for at least 2 hours at a time, as long as i don't get sweaty thumbs the grip the kontrol freaks offer is far greater than the normal stick.
A great investment for any first person shooter enthusiast!
on 16 December 2013
Read many reviews that it can be awkward to use, which i found to be true. But..... after an hour of gaming they felt natural and have improved my on-line gaming hugely. I play Battlefield 3 and 4 and also Call of Duty and they do help with grip and precision aiming.
on 27 January 2014
Great product! Got to say it’s definitely helped my aiming. Coming from a PC FPS background I struggled with converting to the console. These definitely give you that bit more precision when it comes to FPS games.