Customer reviews

MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 July 2017
This device would have been very useful years ago when Apple switched from using MagSafe (1) and MagSafe 2 power connectors on their range of laptops. The device enables an older power supply, fitted with a MagSafe connector, to be used with the 'safer' MagSafe 2 equipped connector as fitted to all new Apple laptops. This has the benefit of retaining older Apple power supplies for use with newer laptops rather than having to buy another power supply. Apple power supplies are notoriously expensive so being able to reuse an older power supplies has a distinct advantage.

But whether I will ever use my MagSafe converter is open to question because I have obtained a new power supply into which a MagSafe or MagSafe 2 cable with plug can be inserted.
on 11 February 2016
So handy and saves you from having to buy a new power cord for the newer generation of mac computers. I've had mine for while now - the magnet is very strong, although easy to remove if necessary. I keep it attached permanently - had thought about getting one of those storage pieces to keep the part attached but it wasn't necessary in my case as I primarily use my Macbook Air rather than flipping between it and the older Macbook. Would highly recommend as very useful for anyone in the situation of needing a new power cord and having a (or multiple) older ones - you can still use them!
on 10 March 2017
I had doubts whether this would work but does the job perfectly! Not sure if this is a formal Apple product, but certainly the packaging and build quality looks the part.
on 16 August 2017
First off, this is a rip off!

Secondly and more worryingly, these can run very very hot. So much so that they start to discolour

If you are running of these keep a very close eye on it
on 25 September 2017
This item is great for using an old Mac Book charger on a newer Mac Book. It was a lot cheaper to buy this than to buy a spare charger, and recycles the old charger that had no use any more.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 April 2014
I needed this as I had a previous macbook pro and wanted to reuse the charger as I don't have to take my mbp charger everywhere and work from 2 locations. It does what it says on the tin but i gave 4 stars because I felt that it is overpriced for what it is!! Hopefully there will be 1£ versions on ebay before long haha!
on 27 April 2017
Excellent Quality - Great idea and works well.
Thank you Amazon for the quick delivery too!
on 25 May 2017
Converted my MagSafe to a MagSafe 2. Safe!
on 13 September 2017
Does the job, but it's ridiculously expensive.
on 29 July 2017