Customer reviews

Price:£32.98+ Free shipping

on 26 September 2016
Okay, so. Who is this product for? This adapter is perfect for those who want to get the fastest internet speeds possible to their Mac, and those who want to be able to access the internet as there is no Wi-Fi/ the signal is very weak. In my case, most of the time I need this cable as one of the essential things to pack when transporting my Mac, whether that be to a lecture or for just having for when I’m in a location where the Wi-Fi signal in my room is weak.

This cable proved to be more useful than I primarily anticipated. This is because I first purchased the adapter to obtain a more secure internet speed, in comparison to running on Wi-Fi, which worked a treat and I can now have good internet speeds like they should be when I’m on the right side of the house. But this was also useful as a cheeky way to get around my XI form’s Wi-Fi, where I could then access certain websites that were otherwise blocked on the Wi-Fi, such as YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud and so on.

The adapter provides a male thunderbolt 2 connection on one side, so any Mac’s with a thunderbolt female available will be able to use this adapter, to an Ethernet female. In order to connect to the internet, you will have to provide your own Ethernet cable so that you can plug it into the female Ethernet connection on the adapter to your internet source, whether this be a modem or internet switch or anything else that you use to plug in your Ethernet cable.

Do I think that this product was worth the purchase? Yes. Do I think it’s worth its money? No. However, it seems although it seems contradicting, I would buy the product again in a heartbeat if I lost it, but It’s not worth the money I paid which was £25. There are other options on the market that sell this adapter much cheaper, that I’m sure does the same thing. I would question whether the build quality is as good as Apple’s adapter and if the internals will provide the same quality of internet speeds, as I believe some adapters, like modems can be not as powerful and not provide the same speeds even if using the same internet and Ethernet cable.

Although there are cons or should I say con of the price. It is a solid product and something worth looking into if you want a better internet connection to your Mac if it doesn’t have an Ethernet port available.

Any questions, just ask!
If this was helpful, please let us know :)
Check out our Amazon account: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A2RUAK1VU25D496
Do you want your products to be reviewed?
Business: TechNerds.Reviews@gmail.com
Reviewed by Will
review image review image review image review image
on 20 September 2016
I tend to agree with a lot of other reviewers here. This Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter does the job admirably (and I think it's a better option than using a USB to Ethernet adapter in order to keep as many USB ports free as possible as they're generally used more). But £25 for something that should really be distributed free with MacBooks (as they have no native Ethernet port) is ludicrous.

You should just be able to plug this in, turn off your wireless network and it should just work. But if you have any problems, go into System Preferences -> Network and check that a Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter is 'connected'. Unless you have specific requirements you probably just want the 'Use DHCP' setting for 'Configure IPv4'.

So, two stars dropped here simply because of the eye-watering price of this thing.
on 5 March 2017
I purchased this in order to get ethernet for my macbook pro 13" 2015, this product does cost that apple premium, this could be avoided by buying a simple usb to ethernet adapter instead but that would use one of the usb ports on the macbook. I would have liked to see the industry-standard link and activity indicators on this adapter and I can only assume that those were not added for style. I do not think that the product should cost this amount of money and should come standard with all purchased macbook but since that is not going to happen I would purchase this again if required.
Overpriced but it was the only option.

If you've got USB 3.0 then get a cheaper USB to lan but if you've got USB 2.0 & thunderbolt.

You must choose this as USB 2.0 hasn't got the bandwidth to deal with your lan speeds.
on 8 August 2017
It works but why is it so expensive? I guess the answer is that there is no alternative and it is all to do with supply and demand. Back in the day we used to call this Hobson's Choice!
on 30 April 2016
The versatility of the thunderbolt connection means this is a must when ethernet and that is simply not going to go away. Fantastic quality as you might imagine, I now have several of these four different places
on 14 March 2017
Does the job but expensive for an adaptor but then that's what you can expect from Apple products.
on 7 June 2017
Nothing exciting here. It does what it's supposed to. Great price and fast delivery.
on 7 August 2017
What's to say, just plug in and go.
on 7 June 2017
works well on new MacBook pro