on 26 November 2013
It does everything it claims, All incoming calls are timed and dated, the alarm clock has been invaluable. I had a dental appointment at 3.30pm and it when straight out of my mind until the alarm phone rang at 3.00pm. All outgoing calls are also kept, You can of course delete all calls if you wish. The hands free is also useful if you are doing something ie, cooking, etc. Don't be fooled by the price, I too was a bit sceptical about the cheapness, but I most certainly will recommend this product.
on 26 February 2014
I have bought BT equipment in the past and after the guarantee ended so did the unit . Gigaset is unknown to me. The ring tones are different and loud. Its easy to set up like add number and cancelling a message. We would buy the product again but hopefully not soon.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2014
I've only been using this 'phone for a few weeks but it seems good value so far- particularly as I only paid about £25 for it from Ligo. I needed to replace my previous telephone/answer machine which was 15 years old and I particularly wanted one on which the received messages would be recorded by date as well as by named day of the week. This Gigaset does that and shows dates on its screen as well as giving audible advice when each message is first opened. Apart from this it's fairly basic but has all the features you'd reasonably expect to find, ample directory memory (100 numbers), easy transfer of directory numbers to the other handsets, about 25 minutes of message storage, it's fairly easy to set up and use and also fairly unobtrusive in appearance, which I like.

Some negative points are: the base station doesn't have a very long power cable - about 1 metre I'd say - (I bought a longer cable for £5 incl postage, from connected-4-less, who were very helpful; the red light on the base station which shows when the answer machine is switched on is not very bright and could be difficult to see if the station was located where bright sun light fell on it - however, it does flash when a new message is received, which the people at Gigaset (also very helpful) told me it wouldn't; the 'new message received' light on the handsets is a mere pin prick and could do with being much bigger - I like to be able to see this feature at a glance from across the room. The most negative point on the product is that the ring tone may be too quiet in some situations. It is adjustable and when heard in isolation seems entirely adequate but if I'm listening to the TV in the room next door to the hanset and base station I don't hear the 'phone ring. Obviously, the problem is solved by placing a handset in the same room as the TV!
on 24 May 2015
I've bought two sets of these. I liked the first set so much I bought a set for my parents.
In this age of everything being attached to the internet these phones are a breath of fresh air.
Nothing fancy, just great battery life, great sound quality, good range (I use them all around the garden).
Answering machine integrated and the facility for one phone to call the other or all is really handy around the house.
on 9 July 2017
Nice answering machine and telephone
on 25 May 2015
Very easy to use phone and with an answer machine useful and easy to use.
on 12 June 2017
100%
on 13 September 2015
perfect wireless solution for a small flat
on 21 August 2017