Customer reviews

Seasons Board Game

on 10 January 2018
This is a fantastic game and plays well with all player counts but is especially good with two players.

Don't be put off by the fantasy theme. This game is all about the mechanics of the gameplay and the theme is secondary. That said, the theme does come through with beautiful art and components that are simply stunning. The whole production from the insert, to the cards and chunky dice, is stellar!

I didn't think my Lost Cities and Castles of Burgundy loving wife would like this game but she absolutely does as do I.

The game plays in about 45 minutes and is just a great little card play battle with great tactics and card combos. It's also surprisingly easy to learn and teach. I would say an 8+-year-old would easily pick this up.

Suprise hit with me and a game that everyone who has played it has fell in love with it.
on 9 August 2015
My husband wanted this game for his birthday, and the more I play it the more I enjoy it, too. It's easy to learn, while still offering a nice depth of strategy and variety with each new game played.
Nice components.
We were able to teach it to our six year old with no trouble, making it a nice addition to the family board game selection.
on 30 January 2014
We bought this game to play over the Christmas break. I was such good fun and made our Christmas that little bit more special. It was easy to understand, once we played it a couple of times.It really brought out our competitive side. If you struggle understanding the game I would advise you to watch a introduction on how to play the game on you tube .
on 20 October 2015
Love this game, just don't like the score board. The cubes are very easy to disturb and the numbers could have gone up in tens, or have an app to score.
on 23 April 2016
Brilliant game we play this a lot as a family
on 10 December 2016
love it
on 2 January 2014
The note on the box says this game takes about 1 hour to play. Well, ok. If you all already know the rules. If you are all starting off, or even if you have new players, this is going to take a good two hours to play.
As to the game itself, if you tend towards the geekish, or are a big fan of Lord of the Rings-type books etc., then you'll love it. Plenty of weird and exotic sounding names to get your head round, never mind the fanciful powers that each character has. The premise is good but you’ll need to play a couple of times to understand the types of cards that you need to play and certainly any experienced players would easily beat any novices.
I guess I should congratulate whomever came up with the idea, as the playing of the game is demanding enough, never mind thinking it up in the first place.
on 27 February 2014
My new favourite board game. I play with my partner and it is great. I am looking forward to try it with more people.
on 9 December 2015
Super fast! Thank you
on 20 June 2014
Picked this up just based on ratings I've seen. Initially we played it with 4 players, and we found it really confusing. All the game mechanics are interlinked and one can't easily be explained without knowing how the others work. Terminology takes a bit of getting used to. With "Power Crystals" read "Points". After a couple of playthroughs (with 2 players) it all became clear.

This is quite an American style game in that one person can be in the lead from the start and the others don't really have any chance to overtake, which can be quite frustrating the losing player. There can also be quite a lot of luck involved. However I think this is the kind of game a person could get really good at by learning tactics and knowing good combos of cards.

A lot of the cards have on-going effects and the player needs a sharp focus to remember all the things the cards do on his or her turn.

Lovely themed game and nice artwork. Probably better with 3 or 4 players. Shame there is no option for 5 or 6 players.