on 3 February 2013
This graphics card is aimed at entry-level users, (web browsing and other non intensive uses) except I was pleasently suprised by what it could manage. My PC is quite old. (Althon X2, 3GB DDR2 Ram) and was running off integrated graphics. I play minecraft, and with the addition of the card only, I could boost my settings from low-medium to high-extreme. The card also managed other games such as Farming Sim 2013. If low to mid level gaming is your style, this graphics card can manage fine.

Of course it is not going to match up to it's bigger brothers (the GTX range) but if you are aiming on not spending triple figure amounts of money on a graphics card but want good value for money, this card is for you.
37 people found this helpful
on 14 January 2013
This arrived promptly and was well packaged but note that, while the card is low profile, only the standard brackets are supplied; low profile brackets would need to be purchased separately.

Easy to install, no additional power connectors. Drivers didn't work first time on Windows 8, it took several reboots for the OS to first recognise then install the drivers. Once working though it improved my modest little computers Windows Experience Graphics score from 2.3 to 6.0, so I know its working!

Not a great gamer but dusted off my old UT2004 and checked before and after: was getting 45FPS on default before, now getting 110+ on full everything.

Bundled software is easy to use and allows you to set profiles to match your usage.

Overall, this is no groundbreaker but works very neatly and quietly to sharpen up a tired old machine.
18 people found this helpful
on 19 October 2015
My old 19" AG neovo LED (4:3 ) monitor packed up suddenly so I needed a new monitor. I bought a Benq VW2245 16:9 monitor but then found that my old NVIDIA 256MB graphics card simply wouldn't work properly with it: the main issue was that the graphics card didn't support the new monitor's native resolution and so was very laggy. So I decided to buy a new graphics card.

The Asus GeForce GT 610 Silent caught my eye because it was inexpensive and fanless with plenty of memory - I've had enough of tinnitus inducing little fans on graphics cards. This new card also had to be compatible with my old Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard which is PCI-E 1.0, not PCI-E 2.0. PCI-E 2.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible and after reading some of the reviews here it seemed that this is indeed the case, so I bought the card.

» Fitting
Had no issues fitting into existing PCIE x16 slot. Although if your motherboard's PCI-E slots are too close together you could possibly lose access to the slot directly below. That said, I have a PCI-E USB 3.0 card fitted in the PCIE x1 slot directly below the graphics card and the heatsink on this new graphics card just clears the top of the USB 3.0 card's circuit board below. I have two 140mm side panel intake fans blowing air over this area so heat isn't going to be an issue.

» Windows 7
I uninstalled the existing drivers before switching cards and then after restarting ran the setup for installing the new drivers. As I'm not interested in overclocking the card or 3D gaming I didn't install the Tweaking utility or the 3D gaming stuff. The graphics driver, the HD audio driver, and the Physx system software were the only things installed. That went smoothly, and native resolution was auto selected on reboot. No issues...except after about 1 week...

About a week after installation the graphics driver starting crashing. The display would go black and come back and Windows 7 reported "Display driver stopped responding but has recovered". Seemed to occur when watching videos and watching videos via browser, but then it occasionally occurred when doing something else entirely. After searching I discovered that this issue has been plaguing many people with NVIDIA cards for the past 5 years and there is a very long list of weird and wonderful fixes from people that are supposed to cure the problem....and don't! From what I can see 95% of the problems are with NVIDIA drivers and Windows 7. After a week of trying to find a solution online I gave up and was set to get another card. However, when I was installing my new drives recently I noticed that a setting in my motherboard BIOS named Performance Enhance was set to Turbo. It was always set to Standard as far as I remembered so that's what I did, set it back to standard, and changed the initial display back to PEG as it was back to default of PCI for some reason. I haven't had any problems since, fingers crossed. Don't know that it's fixed, only time will tell!

» Windows Experience Index
This card scores low on the Windows Experience Index Desktop graphics and Aero category with a score of only 4.6. But the 3D gaming and business graphics score for the card get a 6.3. I suppose I could disable Aero but I like the features, especially the Aero peek. Excepting the Desktop performance score of 4.6, the lowest score now is 6.3. I shalln't bother with another card for now though. It'll be a new motherboard, CPU and memory next and I'll see how it fairs then in a motherboard that supports PCI 2.0 before making any decisions to get a new one.

In summary, it's a good value basic graphics card, but possibly with some driver issues.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2014
Was ordered because of a suspected failed graphics card in my current PC. It was delivered swiflty by Amazon and was easy to remove existing graphics card and install this one after watching a couple of videos on how to replace graphics cards.

Specs of the graphics card are not the best and I did not require the best graphics card. Runs very well and is silent because it has no fan. Is much better than my old graphics card (from an old HP PC, 5 years), as it can run both HDMI and VGA at full resolution, each differently, monitor at 1600x900 and TV on HDMI as 1920x1080. Does require a bit of tweaking with the Nvidia software to make it work better.

Been using it for a month and it has caused no issues. Images produced on screen seem to be improved compared to the old graphics card.
13 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2015
I have upgraded my PC (Acer Aspire M3802) with ASUS GeForce GT 610 Silent Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0), replacing 9 years old Graphics Card (XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB was £90). I’m very happy with my purchase and I don’t play games.

PROS: Good price for 2GB graphics card, Low Profile Design, 0dB Silent Cooling, HDMI support

CONS: This card covers space of 2 slots. Also all ratings for Windows Experience Index increased except Desktop Performance for Windows Aero... decreased from 5.5 to 4.5 (I don’t know why).

ACER Aspire M3802 SPECS: PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz, MOTHERBOARD: Acer G43T-AM, MOTHERBOARD CHIPSET: Intel G43 Express, HDD SIZE: 1 TB, DRIVERS: Blu-Ray & DVD.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2016
Bought this card to replace an older Nvidia card that was not supported in Windows 10. Because this card does not have a fan it is silent, a distinct improvement on the very noisy fan in its predecessor. However, after a few weeks, I began to have intermittent lock-ups of the displays (two attached). The PC is only used a couple of times a week, usually for only a few hours. It does not run continuously. I have lost some work as a result of these lockups but was not sure if it was the graphics card or some other issue. More recently, the problem is becoming more frequent and the displays have gone completely blank which is now making me think this card is defective. I have downloaded updated drivers to no avail. Now I do not seem to have the option to contact Amazon for a replacement (card was purchased 11 months ago) so it looks like I will have to buy another card, but which one?
on 23 October 2015
I bought this expecting it to resolve my problems with upgrading an old Dell machine to Windows 10, unfortunately the update still failed so I've got to go back to the drawing board.

However, I did need a new graphics card so I could run dual monitors to help me work a bit easier. This unit was easy to convert down to the slimline version by unscrewing the bracket and removing the VGA connector. It slotted into the machine easily enough and then set about installing itself once the machine was turned back on. It did require the drivers to be installed from the CD, but this is fairly typical with graphics adapters. The management console Asus provides is simple and easy to use, and it worked pretty much straight out of the box, with multiple screens.

Brilliant product again from ASUS and great VALUE FOR MONEY.
on 31 August 2016
My mother in law wanted a home office for her job so asked me to build her a desktop. I decided on this GPU having had experience with the Asus GT series in the past. The GPU itself is perfect for what MinL needs. I did have an issue however that when I installed the GPU and booted up for the first time there was no picture. after lots of unsuccessful troubleshooting attempts I pulled a GPU from another machine and Voila the machine worked. I installed windows then swapped GPUs again. once again no image.
I returned this card thinking it was faulty but the same issue occurred with the second one. I decided to try the other card (The one pulled from another machine) and while that was installed I decided to see what happened if i installed the drivers for the GT610.

Upon switching the cards again the system booted up.

I've never had a card that needed the drivers to be installed prior to putting the card in (Hence 4 stars) but it's been working well for several months my MinL is very happy with her PC.... and her free tech support too :-)
on 21 February 2013
I wanted to upgrade my now rather old (4 years) desktop computer which has 4GB of RAM and a 400 Watt power supply with a 500GB HDD and graphics card to replace the inbuilt Radeon X1200 video card.

I reviewed many video cards and checked performance against costs and power supply requirements.

This card was one of the cheapest out there with a reasonable specification and with no need for extra power supply.

It connected straight into my PCi slot and the drivers which were on the CD updated automatically from the suppliers website to the latest version.

Really very good card for the money. In fact, it increased my Windows graphics experience from 3.3 to 6.2!

The graphics on games downloaded from the Windows 8 site are stunning.

At £26 delivered, this has to be one of the best computer buys I have made!

Highly recommended for low end usage.
on 24 August 2015
This is a good reasonably priced graphics card: I had to install it when I bought a high resolution (2560 x 1440) monitor. This is the highest resolution that this card will support, but it does it well. Out-of-the-box it wouldn't drive two monitors, but closer investigation of the box revealed a cunningly concealed CD of drivers. One these were installed, my second monitor was recognised and all was well. I imagine that it would drive a monitor on all three of its output ports, but I can't vouch for that as I haven't tried it.