American Heartland
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 May 2013
This item arrived today and I am now nearing the end of disc 3. Now whilst there are a few songs that are, well-meh!, the majority are brilliant. I would go as far as saying 90% are cracking songs.
Jessica Simpson singing "these boots are made for walking" is a revelation. I had never heard this version before and it had me foot tapping before the first 30 seconds were out. As for Wonderland singing "Need you now" I feel this is just as good as the original, if not better.

In my opinion, this album will become a classic and I am so glad I bought it. Consider this. Where could you get 47 different songs for £10.50 delivered? Just over 22p per track. WOW!
on 7 May 2013
I was really excited for this to be released as soon as I heard about it. I am a huge country music fan, and being 17 years old I get teased a lot for being one. If only they knew what they were missing! This is a really great CD, and very well put together. The outside packaging looks great! As do the discs themselves.

The majority of the first disc are probably some of the more commercially successful tracks on the 3 discs.

Standouts On Disc 1 :

Angel - Sarah McLachlan
Old Alabama - Braid Paisley Featuring Alabama
Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland

Downsides Of Disc 1 :

Mr Know It All - Kelly Clarkson (I don't see why this is really included, it's never been a great song and I think the country version sounds even worse.
Need You Now - Wonderland (It's a good cover but I think they should have included the original by Lady Antebellum instead)

Standouts On Disc 2 :

It Won't Be Like This For Long - Darius Rucker
Pontoon - Little Big Town

Downsides Of Disc 2 :

Never Saw Blue Like That - Shawn Colvin
Hey, Soul Sister - Train (as much as I love this song I think it feels a little out of place)

Standouts Of Disc 3 :

Your Man - Josh Turner
She's Acting Single (I'm Drinking Doubles) - Ronnie Dunn
When You Say Nothing At All - Keith Whitley

Downsides Of Disc 3

These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Jessica Simpson (I wouldn't exactly call it a downside, its a fun song if you just take it for what it is)

Overall this is definitely a must have for all country music fans. Even if you already have the majority of the songs, or even all of them. It's still a great little collection of them put together, and great for listening to some great songs back to back. Amazing!
33 Comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 December 2016
Same title, different songs!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter was playing this in her car, I liked it so I bought a copy, some songs are totally different, the one I wanted wasn't on my copy. Very disappointed
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 August 2014
Beware!!! I have tried to order this twice & have twice received a CD that appears the same but has a very different track listing. It appears to be a European version as it's published in Denmark & says "3 CD'ere" & different artists on the sticker than that shown in the 'photo (which I checked very carefully the second time). I kept the first wrong copy as I enjoyed it anyway but I ordered it again as I really wanted the tracks advertised e.g. the duet feat. Gwyneth Paltrow, the Eric Church track "Bruce Springsteen" & the old favourite "5 o/c somewhere". So best to double check if you can. However, the version I have got is very enjoyable & gives a good introduction to many, many country artists new to me; like the packaging & presentation of all these together.
22 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 May 2014
Heard this first in a restaurant and loved the music so asked them what the compilation was called and when went home bought it straight off. It's a fab collection of songs, very easy listening I would call it - songs are 'countryfied' I guess even some more modern songs. I'm not a huge country fan myself, but surprisingly I love this.
on 14 May 2013
This has to be one of the best Country CDS Ive bought in a while, even my husband likes most of it. Its great value for money as it contains three fantastic cds each with a wide range of Country Music styles, the only thing would have been if on CD one they had put Lady Antebellums version of Need You Now instead of Wonderlands version, saying that they still sing the song well. I would recommend this cd to any Country Music fan as you wont be disappointed.
on 20 May 2013
Great Item, at bargain price, ordered one day, here the next morning. It made a great and appreciated gift for me to give.
on 15 July 2013
If you are into Country & Western , this is a good CD .

Of the three Cd's 2nd & 3rd are the better for tempo , but overall still good listening .
on 25 November 2013
Some good music some which I'm quite not interested but over all I found the CD's to be both a good listen to and slightly under my entertainment level .
on 8 June 2014
I am a huge fan of American Country music especially Hunter Hayes which is a reason I bought this album! It's all modern country definately worth buying