Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 4 November 2012
Written by someone who has been there and it conveys a feeling of great authenticity. That said I did feel that it became overly technical and wrapped up in procedure.

However a worthwhile read and I hope that there may be other stories to come
on 12 January 2013
I'm not really a reader of fiction based books, but because the Author, Phil Campion, recently wrote a brilliant nonfiction book, Born Fearless, I thought I would give it a go.

I thought I'd try to read the book as a non-fiction book so I could review and rate it authentically as a fiction book. I was very impressed with the book.

I found most of the book gripping, and humorous, which made me want to read on. I found battle and operation similarities from the best of other Elite Forces books I have read in this book. Attention to detail on weapons and equipment is spot on and not too much in your face all the time.

I reckon the Author has played the main character based on himself, and it may be true that the other characters have existed on real life operations in the `elite forces' and on `the circuit'. This book for me could be a very true story with most parts as real as it gets.

So I would recommend this book. In fact I'm now hoping Phil Campion now follows up a series with the remaining characters and more with keeping it as real as possible. I'm also hoping that Phil Campion and Damien Lewis bring out another awesome non-fiction book together
on 29 April 2014
This a good story with enough twists and turns and plenty of technical detail. Phil's background shows through and adds depth to the action; it also makes you wonder how much he has drawn on real situations and adapted them for use in the book. Recommended.
on 2 June 2014
This is the best book I have read by this author. Phil has done a fantastic job to put down in words what can actually go on with bent governments. A frilly remarkable read and I am looking forward to his next book.
on 8 October 2013
Really enjoyed this book and as i know Phil personaly i was able to really get a good grip on what he does for a living,he really is one of the hardest men out there, and this story he tells is true and gripping ...we sure do need people like him ...on our side !!
on 6 July 2014
A lot better than I expected, and I have read most of this genre by McNab, Ryan, Brad Thor, Brad Taylor etc etc.
I have now read all three of his books in less than two weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed them, and as good as any I have read!
on 16 April 2014
First class , I Realy felt that I was there with the team , a highly believable situation thAt keeps the reader joining in as if he or she was there.great stuff keep them coming Phil.Good luck and thanks.
on 28 January 2013
I thought this book was a bit cheesy when I got started... all a bit cliched.. BUT, it's a fun and gripping read and you just get lost in the action.. don't analyse stuff too much, I'm ex army so doubt some of the materials - weapons and practicalities. Just enjoy a good story!
on 20 November 2013
The prequel to Killing Range is another great book of this genre.
Thought I'd give it a go after reading Campions
self penned biography which was great.
My only grind is there's still a way to go before
he's up there with McNabb and Ryan.
I'll read the next one though Phil, I promise
please don't bring the Hampshire Hammer round!
on 24 November 2013
I tend to read military stories being ex army myself, I read this story on holiday and found it very entertaining and hard to put down,I have recommended to some of my mates.will I read more of Phill Campions books, yes definitely.