on 23 September 2014
I have been wearing trainers for over 40 years, for work and to train (not as a fashion statement) - these are the best I've had in a long time, much more comfortable when using my cross trainer than the various Nike trainers that I have been wearing for the past 10 years, I just wish I had tried this brand sooner. I have not been using the shoes long enough to discover how hard wearing they are so this review is only about comfort.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 February 2013
I bought these Cumulus 14 running shoes as a replacement for my worn out Cumulus 12s. I tend to enter 10k and half marathon races so I have used these in training for my next half marathon. My first impression was that they do not feel comfortable and nor do they feel like they had cushioning. There is a very high foot arch. For the first few miles there doesn't feel like any cushioning at all. In my Cumulus 12s you could feel the difference straight away. However, 3 to 4 miles into a run you can start to feel the cushioning and after 10 miles, my feet didn't feel sore at all which they would've done in the 12s so it seems the longer the run the bigger difference these shoes make. The shoes have memory foam so you do have to wear then in. Having read the reviews about choosing half a size bigger than your normal size, I am not convinced. It was always a snug fit into the Cumulus 12s anyway. I bought the 14s half a size bigger and they feel loose and I can actually feel my feet slipping inside when running and additional pressure on my ankle ligaments when turning. If possible I would try these in a shop to ensure that you get the right fit. Also for men, the shoe is available in three different widths for each shoe size. Overall, for someone who is running longer distances, I would recommend these running shoes as long as you get the right size.
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 November 2012
I'm an amateur runner - do a couple of 6 mile road runs a week to keep my fitness level up for football at the weekend. Because of this I have never really 'splashed out' on fancy footwear. But recently I crashed my pushbike, knee and pavement became acquainted. I required a new running shoe that not only had great cushioning, but also tickled my fancy in terms of style. This shoe delivered on both levels.
I followed advice about going half a shoe size larger and this worked out fine for me.
It's a fantastic shoe and have recommended it to all my friends and family (including my nan who's disabled, as a joke...she didn't laugh)
on 4 December 2012
Excellent cushioned fit for anyone with a "Neutral" running step, I bought these to train for London Marathon and am happy with my choice!
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2013
I bought these as a keen runner and a keen user of Asics shoes. I thought they would be an investment to get me through the Virgin London Marathon 2013, and I was right. Light, comfortable (5 and a half hours to do the marathon- no blisters or hot spots what so ever), and the neon green colour stands out well. My last pair had the shoelaces displaced down the side, and these return to the centre- and do not suffer for it. The grip was almost too grippy at the start of wearing these (I suppose I was used to my last Asics, which had worn far too much). The other thing I would say is that I have to have them looser than any other pair I have ever had; not a problem,a nd they do not slip around, just take a bit of getting used to; I found them too tight if I tied them like my others.

Recommended- a lot of money, but worth it.
on 26 July 2013
3rd pair of cumulus gel trainers I have bought in the last few years...by far the most comfortable trainer I have ever owned and the gel really does cushion your foot (not just a gimmick)

and the styles are also fashionably bright - without being gaudy.
on 26 December 2013
I did the Insanity workout program recently and had a lot of good results... until my knee went. I went to my doctor who recommended I went to my local running shop to get "proper" support. This trainer was recommended by the shop I went to and was £40 cheaper on Amazon as it was "last year's model".

Really comfortable and really does feel like its giving me all the support I need. That said, its not perfect and I still need to favour my knee. Its a good shoe for people who need support for their joints and who have slightly incorrect gait.
on 7 February 2014
Having used only asics shoes for years I have formed a solid opinion about the different models available. Cumulus is a decent shoe, comfortable and well made. However if comfort is your primary concern go for the Nimbus.
on 15 January 2014
I have bought other trainers for my workouts but these are the best for comfort and foot support. I am heavy and these trainers help stop any foot issues whilst trying to lose weight. They are also quite a wide fit so not as restrictive as others.
on 2 September 2013
Comfortable. Not as flexible as some but a good running shoe. Not tested over high mileage yet. Buy a size more than you think to allow for toe space and hot feet expanding.