Customer reviews

Style: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM|Change

on 20 January 2015
I bought this solely to use for video on my Canon 600D. Very impressed. This is the default lens you should buy when you purchase a Canon 600D, 60D or 7D etc. The image stabilization when shooting video is brilliant. I shot some footage of the Edinburgh Christmas market, all handheld, and it could pass for being shot on a tripod.

There's none of that 'jelly' effect on the image when you use the zoom at most focal lengths. You find that will happen when you use a prime lens for shooting video - you know when the image looks wobbly when the camera moves, that's what i'm talking about. This won't happen with this lens at MOST focal lengths. I think when I got close to 135mm there was a slight jelly movement when panning the camera.

There is very slight vignetting at times, depending on what iso & shutter you're using in regards to the available light. If you know how to use your camera properly you should be able to compensate for that and make it unnoticeable.

I've yet to shoot or take photographs with it on sunny days in which case the quality of image would be amazing, i'm sure of that.

As for taking photographs it's very versatile and has a lot more sharpness than my Tamron 70-300mm lens that I have used in the past.

Here's the link to the video I shot all handheld:

[...]

I've attached a few photographs that I took with the lens too.

All in all i'd say buy this as your first lens - it's more versatile than prime lenses in that price range and will work perfectly for video and still work.
review image review image review image review image
on 26 April 2017
Product seems to be ok and it's imazing how silent the focus is ... but It's a white box product what was not written in the product description - contacted the seller to get at least invoice but no answer ...
on 10 January 2017
great! Nothing else to say :)
on 25 December 2014
Lens is as described but white box goods - No Paperwork warranty instructions etc - Just Lens
For what I saved in price I should have purchased from a High Street shop
on 10 May 2017
I was perturbed that the lens did not come in a Cannon branded box. It works fine, but as a novice, I wouldn't know if it wasn't legit.
on 10 June 2017
Very Good lens for the money
on 25 May 2017
Focus problems after 2 months
on 18 May 2017
Great item & price.
on 13 August 2017
I am very pleased with my lens, I get clearer pictures than Idid with the kit lens
on 5 July 2017
Very satisfied in good condition and working brilliantly