Customer reviews

on 20 March 2017
perfect brought back happy days of old movies
on 3 May 2016
Absolutely perfect, brilliant. Will be buying more Yo-Yo Ma.
on 13 March 2017
Great
on 30 March 2013
I'd always associated Ennio Morricone with soundtracks for Western's and had never seriously considered checking out his music....until now.
I collect multi channel SACD's ( the best format to listen to music ! ) and came across this title. I had never heard anything by Yo Yo Ma before.
All i can say is, this is one of the most beautiful SACD's i've ever heard. There's not too many pieces of music that brings me to tears, but this does everytime.
I think Yo Yo Ma is an amazing cellist / talent. Combine that with one of the greatest composers ever, ( I come to this judgement, purely on the basis of this disc. ) and you have something that is trully wonderful !
Has to be in my all time top 10 favouriteS. I own very little in the way of soundtracks or classical music, but this is a disc that everyone should have in their collection, regardless of their musical tastes. I defy anyone not to like this....it's simply a thing of sheer beauty !
on 10 April 2011
I must admit, I only purchased this album because of one track. You know how it is; you hear a great track on the radio or internet and wait with bated breath for the DJ to reveal the artist and title at the track's end, a held pen poised for action.

I've done this before; purchased an album on the strength of one track, and in almost every sodding case the rest of the album has been complete pig swill, except for `Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone`.

If you're a lover of sweeping, lachrymose, tragedian pieces then I urge you to give this album a whack - it'll make you cry. Awesome, awesome, totally awesome tracks, all from the mastermind of film music that is Ennio Morricone. As a writer myself, listening to this album fills me with visions and inspiration that see me whipping out a pen and pad to scribble them down fast lest I forget them, but too, so I can quickly get back to listening to the music.

When I first listened to this album, I was so impressed that I had to listen to it all over again. I ended up passing an entire Sunday afternoon listening to the same album five times in a row. I was delirious!
VINE VOICEon 4 July 2006
This is probably one of the best records I've ever heard in my life, Morricone's music blended with YO-YO MA's feeling is something that will always be bigger than your expectations. The compositions in this record can easily be one of the best works from any generation. Morricone man can bring tears into your eyes faster than taking an onion and squeeze it into your eyes... the music has so much passion, silence, melody and rhythm that words can't get anywhere near to what this music will do to you.
on 14 January 2013
Loved this CD had heard of Ennio Morricone and YO YO Ma on radio and bought this CD to see if they are as good as the recommendations I had heard. I was delighted when I listened to this music YO YO MA was excellent and the soundtracks great.
on 28 May 2013
A superb quality recording and the collaboration of YoYo and Ennio is mind blowing, with the cello almost talking. All this for just over 5 pounds, definitely worth a purchase for any hifi buffs..
on 26 December 2012
Every track is a joy, taking you to a beautiful place your memory wants to take you. Wonderful background music. Enjoy!
on 27 January 2013
Best album I have head in a long time. Would definitely recommend. Beautiful arrangements of some of the best known film music around. Just wonderful