on 17 September 2012
I was aimlessly picking out cheap compilations of electronic music on Amazon the other day and either I'd heard all the tracks (or already owned them) and ones I didn't know, I played the short sample MP3's.

I was hoping to find something unusual and magical and as soon as the jazzy, 'Moby'-like Rose Rouge played, with its busy percussion and deep-south jazz vocals, I knew that I had to own a proper album with it on.

I'd never heard of St Germain and was encouraged by both the large body of work available and the number of positive reviews, here on Amazon. Sampling as many MP3's as I could, to try and narrow down which single album had the most of the ones I liked, it was this 'Tourist'.

I love jazz but it usually was recorded yonks ago and is mono and just not 'with it' enough. Mixing funky and hip-hop sort of rhythmic overtones to the jazz makes for an infectious, modern take that is universal and extremely listenable. You can either play it intently - totally immersed via headphones or loud on a hifi or have it tinkling along in the background.
One person found this helpful
on 1 November 2015
Lots of reviewers have commented on this album so I'll limit myself to appraising the 2012 remastered vinyl release. I cannot recommend this double LP highly enough - the production is spot-on and my pressing was absolutely pristine - no pops or clicks. Under £15 inc p&p from dodax online - great value from a great seller! If you have a turntable give your ears an audiophile treat.
on 22 June 2018
no problems
on 22 January 2016
Eclectic mix of music. Recommended.
on 5 April 2013
Bought this after buying Boulevard. Excellent album and worth the money if only for the John Lee Hooker track. Having said that the whole album is very good
on 14 March 2013
I love this album! The delivery was quick as well. Shame that the plastic cover containing the cd was broken but it's not a big deal
on 3 June 2016
Excellent
on 6 February 2015
Excellent Tracks. Can't stop feet tapping.
on 5 January 2015
Jazz Dub - really wonderful - rich, rhythmic and loose.
on 23 October 2012
I have not listened to jazz for very long and I heard a track from this album on the radio. I took a risk and ordered after only listening to track 1 "Rose Rouge" and I am so glad I did. The album is fabulous. I am studying for a degree at the Open University and this CD is the perfect music to relax and be in a good place. If this is jazz I am converted.