Size: 40 inch|Colour: Navy|Change

I'd looked at swimsuits in the shops because my old one had gone rotten, but I was not prepared to pay the silly prices some retailers wanted, and in the budget shops, the quality didn't seem to be great. I should just have stayed at home and looked on Amazon. This Speedo costume is excellent for me to plough up and down my local pool doing lengths, and it is claimed that the Endurance fabric is designed to prevent it going rotten so quickly. I will report back after a few months - but so far so good! I like the style of the swimsuit with the cross over back which means i'm not worrying about the shoulder straps slipping down, and the leg cut is just right, and not too high. The only thing that troubled me before buying online was uncertainty about sizes. I bought size 36 inch chest (I actually measure 35) and I'm a 10-12 in tops and trousers, and only 5 foot 2 inches tall. The fit for me is good, although I suspect if you are taller, you may find this swimsuit is cut a little short in the body. I would probably recommend going up a size if you are of average or above height. If you go to the Speedo website, there is a size chart there to help you decide.
Am definitely pleased that I ordered this.
UPDATE After a year of use swimming three times a week, I am pleased to report that this swimsuit is still going strong. I am about to order another colour for a bit of variety, but this one has lasted pretty well.
on 8 September 2010
Brilliant, trying to find a proper swimming costume was turning into a nightmare for me. Then I found this, good price, exactly what i was looking for and arrived quickly. Thanks.
on 29 August 2013
I bought this swimsuit because I have one in black and I am fed up of wearing it (it just won't wear out out!)I have had the black one for over 5 years, so I hope this one lasts as long.I swim every week, so it gets plenty of wear. This one is a nice fit,has a double layer at the front and is a lovely bright red colour. I would recommend this swimsuit as it is chlorine resistant so won't go baggy. I ordered a 36" and I am a size 12-14 and it fit perfectly.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2016
I have been buying this specific swimsuit for many years now. I swim approx. 4 - 5 miles a week and this is the ONLY swimsuit I wear to do so. I NEVER wash it in a washing machine but will simply rinse it through, with a bit of shower gel, when I have my after-swim shower. It really doesn't need anything more than that. Despite almost daily wear, this swimsuit will hold it's shape without disintegration from the chlorine, for well over a year and often over two years.

PLEASE BE AWARE that I'm usually a size 8/10 (I'm pear shaped), but with this specific costume, I always have to buy a UK size 36/14!!!!!!! A bit mad, but that's the one that fits.
on 8 April 2009
I have recently started a fitness programme which entails two lots of aqua-fit and one swimming session per week so I knew I needed a swimming costume which was 'up to' the challange.

I cannot recommend this costume enough if you do water sports and need a costume which is hard wearing, chlorine resistant and extremely dureable.... and looks good at the same time!
on 19 April 2013
Well made swimming costume. Went for a 34" to start with but was a little short in the body (i'm 5'6") but the next size up is a good fit. Its well made, dries quickly, which is useful and is comfortable when in use.
on 13 August 2013
A favourite of mine for many years. You feel completely free of costume when in the water and allows for super arm movements both front and back-stroke.
on 18 August 2016
I wish more companies would make simple, flattering swim suits like this. It fits well and is good value for money. My only wish is that Speedo would do much more with colour and pattern - I'd love to have a swimsuit that looks good at the beach, rather than just functional. But the great thing is that it's comfortable, breathable and enables me to swim!
The Tragickall History of Henry Fowst
on 16 August 2010
This is an excellent swimsuit at a great price. Fast efficient service from supplier at a good price.
on 22 June 2013
I found this had no bust support and was very short in the body also has no lining over bust area