on 4 January 2014
Bought this to replace Huawei router supplied by Talktalk which had poor wifi coverage and required unreliable Powerline support. The Asus has massively increased range and speed, e.g. 40Mb Internet access two floors away with only three bar signal, and was easy to set up although there are lots of potential settings which I know nothing about. I think the dual band allows the n products in the house to separated from the few old g products. Highly recommended.
on 23 January 2014
Great piece of kit, super fast and lots of capabilites, HOWEVER DO NOT BUY FROM THE AMAZON MARKETPLACE!!

The router I have experienced an ethernet port failure and needs to be returned for repair under the 2 year warranty. But as the Amazon seller I purchased from is in Spain and I live in the UK I have to pay to return it to reseller. ASUS UK refuse to repair under warranty and state the warranty is only valid in the country of the resller and Amazon refuse to help! So only purchase directly from Amazon or a marketplace seller that is in the same country as you!!
on 24 December 2013
I had been using a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND which was a significant improvement over the wireless router within my Virgin Media Super Hub.

Upgrading to the Asus has increased performance all round (range, speeds etc.) and my wireless network is now far happier passing multiple concurrent video streams (Apple TV + IPCCTV + others).

The VPN server feature is also great.
on 3 February 2014
Feature Rich, Fast, Reliable.

And the AC network can actually provide full usage of high speed broad band, No more cabling for me :)
on 7 December 2013
love this unit, easy to set up and works a treat, my only gripe is the PSU came with a none UK power adapter so I had to buy an adapter
on 30 August 2013
I love this duel band wireless router, works where others cannot. Easy setup etc. I think it worth mentioning that you do need a modem to connect this to the internet. This was not clear to me in the description ?
on 12 May 2013
Easy set up. Good strong reliable signal. A Noticeable improvement in internet speeds. A little pricey but worth the expense.
on 29 May 2013
This must be the easiest set up of all routers I've ever installed. Speed seems very good. Printer simply plugs into the USB port, very easy to set up after a quick download. I am not sure it's possible to have an easier install than this.
Router seems to work well.
on 16 October 2013
My fault, I didn't realise this router didn't incorporate a DSL Modem so I was about to return it until someone gave me a DSL modem for free. A bit of a pain having to plug in two separate pieces of equipment but after having used this router for a day, I can honestly say it's worth it. The router does all I needed it to do, including selectable DDNS (using No-Ip, my preference) configurable Port Mapping and NAT Loopback, it's easily a winner for me. The WiFi range wasn't as great as I'd been led to believe from reviews I'd read, in fact, no better than my ISP-supplied bog-standard router but as I say, the functions far surpassed the bog-standard. If I do have one major gripe, it's that the PSU was supplied with EU plug and not UK plug. But then, again, my fault I guess. I didn't realise this was being shipped from Germany. Doh!
on 14 February 2014
Looks good, seems to perform well. Currently being used in a test network, so loading is still very light - it will earn its last star later this year