on 25 November 2012
Blistering fast speed, my Virgin router constantly dropped connection (Netgear) so I paid over £130 for a dual N Netgear one, this also kept dropping connection and also I was getting max speeds wirelessly of around 30mbps. Baring in mind my internet connection is upto 120mbps.
I use my computer in my loft bedroom, which is on the third floor, I use a Mac, the router is downstairs near my front door.
I now get, in my loft, wirelessly on 5gz N band, 102mbs internet connection.
Buy this router, it is the best on the market, easy to set up, looks nice also has lots of features.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2013
I was getting fed-up with signal from my ancient BT WiFi Router/Modem keep on dropping-out unless I was sitting on top of the thing. Also, when more than one person was using the internet, responses noticeably slowed. I chose this one after some research because it got uniformly (almost) good reviews, which I am now going to add to. Set-up was a doddle - it took a bit of time, but the software led you through it and at the end, it was all working. A word of warning, though, this is a router ONLY, if you haven't got a modem, you will need to buy one. Also, mine did not come with a UK plug and needed a shaver adapter. I can now reliably use my laptop and tablet anywhere in the house plus, I have plugged my printer into it so I don't have to carry my laptop to the printer if I need to print. It is not the cheapest option out there, but I don't intend buying another router anytime soon so, after 1 month of trouble-free use I am very satisfied.
on 13 December 2014
The router was delivered undamaged and obviously brand new. I bought it on December 2013

I used to have issues with the previous Wireless-N Netgear router that couldn't even handle 720p or 1080p HD Youtube videos. And couldn't handle more than 3 or 4 wireless devices

This Wireless-AC router seems to be getting better with the new firmware updates, and not only that, after I bought and fit the ASUS PCE-AC68 PCIe wireless adapter in my other computer I can now watch all Youtube videos in 1080p and simply no more wireless bandwidth issues. All 8-10 wireless devices have no problem with internet connection, and like I mentioned before, this router seems to be getting better with new firmware updates

I was only hoping it would've come with a proper UK plug rather than the European one, because the adapter is bulky and gets in the way of things sometimes where someone accidentally shuts down the router because of that. Otherwise I'm very satisfied with the performance of this router
on 7 November 2013
Class act, very configurable, good range, my son is very happy now with his gaming, no lag, no dropouts, dependable consistent speed, with multiple users, streaming, gaming, browsing, it handles anything you can throw at it.
You can prioritise gaming or streaming or anything you want. Dynamic DNS included at no cost, so you access your router, files network from anywhere.
Only issue was it came with a two pin mains plug, instead of a three UK one, not a game changer at this price, just required an adapter.
Easy to setup wizard for novices, extra features for more advanced users who wish to control their kit. 2.4ghz, 5Ghz wi-fi and up to 6 extra guest wifi networks can be configured 3 x 2.4ghz and 3 x 5 Ghz, for other users who you don't wish to be allowed on the main networks. 4 Gigabit ports 2 USB ports.
on 24 April 2014
It really is about time that electronics manufacturers get out of the 1960s gadgets-have-flashing-lights craze. At least give us an option to turn them off ( thank you Sonos! ).

Other than that, this router is absolutely fantastic. Rock steady performance and loads and loads of features.
on 26 March 2014
I bought this because my Virgin Media Super Hub was mangling SIP traffic on my IP phone. This thing is awesome. As expected the IP phone works without too many issues (and I suspect the remaining issues are with the phone). The controls are nice. It is easy to set up. It has a rather annoying UI feature which seems to flash a yellow exclamation mark regardless of what I do but that is kind of minor. The additional features are nice but I tend to worry when one box is firewall, server etc. so I don't use them.

Brilliant so far though.
on 14 October 2013
Out of the box and up and running in less than 15 mins.

I bought this to replace the BT home hub running on Infinity. The BT router worked ok when connected by cable but was useless for wireless. The wireless would continually drop out which was really annoying when watching ITV player or Demand 5 as end up spending ages getting back to where it dropped out.

Since installing the Asus, we haven't had any drop outs or freezes.

The mark of a good router - fit and forget!
on 30 October 2013
I got BT Infinity and wanted something that would work properly for port-forwarding and preferably with full VPN support. I had homehub3 and the web interface had some serious bugs with port forwarding. Got HH3 to work eventually, but it was sticky and I looked around for a replacement.

Friend of mine had this, so I gave it a go. I can now stream my media on my server to my phone when I'm out and about thanks to the built-in VPN capability. My Xperia Z1 went from 20mb over wireless to 60mbit - yes, really. (I get 80mbit wired, which is the max available).

When out and about, if I leave the VPN connected, all my phone browsing etc is done securely back through my home. Handy if you're in a wi-fi hotspot that you don't entirely trust - fire up your VPN and tunnel back through home all nicely encrypted ;-)

Setup is as simple as you can imagine, and the GUI works really well. If you're wondering if it's worth spending over £100 to replace something you've already got that pretty much does the same thing - I'd say yes. HH3 wasn't that great for me, this is quite a difference. It can also download torrents to USB, same for NZBs if that's your thing.

Really, it was the proper VPN (also, check out their AICloud app for simple-sharing if you're interested) and faster wireless that really sold it for me.
on 8 August 2014
Great product easy to set up fast connections loads of security settings far superior to my old DG834PN nice VPN function for connecting back home when out (RDP on IPhone works well).

This when coupled with the EA N66 access point give me coverage all over my house and outside its and old house with thick brick walls and lath plaster so wireless is effected but even without the N66 I get a pretty good signal through the house.

2.4ghz and 5ghz networks running and most of the time connected to 5ghz for the speed, also the guest network functionality is pretty good also with the ability to setup multiple networks and if you want to get really nerdy you can limit access on certain networks so would be great for managing the kids access to the internet!
on 30 August 2013
I love this duel band wireless router, works where others cannot. Easy setup etc. I think it worth mentioning that you do need a modem to connect this to the internet. This was not clear to me in the description ?

See one answered question