on 6 September 2015
This book is unreadable. Clichéd to a ridiculous degree. It starts with four characters who go far out of their way to make themselves unlikeable. The dad/stepdad who doesn't listen to anyone, the boy and girl who hate each other just because that's what the author needed and who do things to each that your average psychopath pause and the mother/stepmother who is so rubbish I've forgotten everything about her already. Maybe after half way through it gets better but I will never know because if a book makes you wade through this much badly written, badly drawn rubbish before it gets to the good bit it's not worth starting.
on 8 June 2012
I read "Wychetts" before recommending it for my grandchildren and I thoroughly enjoyed it, what a darn good read for children and think this book is meant for kids of say for 8-9+, but that would depend entirely on the child, as it's a tad scary in some places; a bit on the Harry Potter style, but a lot more low key! Shame I can't find a hardback/paperback copy of "Wychetts" to buy, so will have to make my Kindle available for my grandchildren to read this book when they visit. Thanks Amazon!
on 27 November 2017
An adorable young adult magic book. Nicely written with loads of laughs mingled in with scares
Perfect for children aged 9 to 90.

BookEater
on 22 December 2017
This is a great children's book. A nice story with good and bad characters. I am way past a child's age but really enjoyed it. Would recommend it to children and young at heart adults.
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2014
My 9 year old son and I chose this to read at bedtime. I have to say, it wasn't the best book to get him to fall asleep to. It's exciting, interesting, funny, spooky.....it's got everything. I couldn't believe this book was free. If giving a positive review will encourage people to read this and hopefully pay for subsequent books I'm happy to do so. I really can't recommend these books highly enough. Fantastic fun.
on 8 March 2016
Got this because of other reviews saying it had similarities to Harry Potter. Must disagree. Fine as a childrens book but no comparison to the Harry Potter series which in my opinion suit adult and children alike. Would probably give it more stars if I was a child.
on 22 March 2018
I chose this rating because I feel like this book really keeps you on the edge of your seat
I liked the way the book had a very interesting twist toward the end
I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys mythical stories
on 28 November 2014
I read this to my five year old having previously finished the Harry Potter books, looking for something of a similar vein. It's not quite as enjoyable from an adult perspective, but my son loved it, and that's what matters most with a book like this.
on 30 June 2014
Great fun and would appeal to children of any age, I would think. The adults are portrayed as being totally useless (of course) whereas the children are resourceful and bold (naturally). A fun adventure with all the right magical ingredients.
on 7 October 2014
Quite liked the start. It had some good twist and turns. It wasn't too heavy with the horror side of things. Ending was different too. All in all a good light hearted quick read. One of those books that could become a series