on 24 February 2015
I can't believe I haven't read this before! As a teacher I have taught children about the Second World War, the persecution of the Jews and the atrocities of the concentration camps. "The Tiger who Came to Tea" remains my daughter'a favourite book of all time despite having read everything from Charles Dickens to Tolstoy!
For me I travelled with Anna from Berlin to Switzerland and felt her frustrations and joy. In France I struggled with her as she tackled the complexities of the French language and felt exhilarated when she began to think in French. This is a story that will stay with me for a very long time to come. Thank you Judith Kerr for an amazing and moving journey. Kathryn.
on 30 December 2013
Brilliant insight into the terror of a Jewish family living in Germany in the mid 1930's as the Nazis gained more power.The story is told through the eyes of a young girl,Anna,and is based on Judith Kerr's own life.
on 20 November 1999
This book kept me enthralled for nights! The only trouble was, I could not put it down. Definatley a one to read if you like books about war storys. I introduced it to my friend and she now loves it as well!!!!
on 18 December 2013
A book adults should read to their children. Upheavals of war disrupt adult lives, but children are protected as long as the family unit stays intact. This has deeper implications for families today.
on 9 December 2013
Quick & easy to Read and an insight into the lives of those people who managed to escape the Holocaust. Very enjoyable and went onto read the other two books of this Trilogy. Also excellent reads.
on 30 April 2014
Bought it for grandchildren but I love it myself. Judith Kerr writes simply but you feel you're with her as she escapes from Germany via Switzekland and Paris to settling as a refuge in England
on 30 April 2014
A wonderful book bought originally for my granddaughter who is 9 years old, but I decided to read it first and absolutely loved it! Can't wait to read the rest of Judith Kerr's books
on 5 March 2014
this was about amazing book for young readers. GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!just amazing.Very good five stars. Very well structured. no bit was booting. I am Katie Scott and I am 11 years old.
on 11 January 2015
I choose the rating as its a fab book and I can't wait to read 2 in series. I recommend to 8 year olds as a bit sad and after read the charlie bone Series as it very gripping
on 16 December 2012
My 9 year old daughter devoured this book, then immediately re-read it! I love her reading such classic, well written literature and learning about history at the same time.