on 11 January 2014
It really is difficult to find USB cables that really will charge at 2A (the minimum rate at which most modern phones/tablets expect). While cheaper cables will work, the charging cycle is often considerably longer than when using the original cable: this is often due to two reasons:

1. the cable is of inferior size/quality; the AWG rating really does make a difference. Go for 24AWG or less (lower is better with AWG)

2. cables are often universal in duty: they often have all pins connected and usable as both to charge and in data connection; whilst useful in some circumstances the device can surreptitiously connect as a data link and this can cause a reduced charging current.

This product avoids the above issues. I can vouch that, for the 150cm version at least, the charging current capability is as good as the OEM cable. I am very keen to understand if the 250cm performs as well: I am yet to find good performance from a cable greater than 150cm.

To check the capability of your charger/cable combination, I recommend a Google Play app called "Galaxy Charging Current: Lite", if you have a Samsung device (except Tab 2). Take regard of the Max/Ave current and ignore the "Now" value. For other devices I recommend "Battery Charge Source Current".
on 11 February 2014
I received this yesterday, and used it today connected to a 2 amp cigarette lighter adapter on my Galaxy S3. I've a 25 mile commute that usually takes about 45 minutes and run the Waze navigation & traffic monitoring application on my phone, this requires a GPS signal and usually has the screen on constantly. Using a regular data transfer USB cable which I'd hacked to emulate a mains charger (shorting the two data wires), my phone would show as AC charging at 1 amp, but the battery level would decrease to about 80% over the trip. On this morning's drive, which took an hour and 5 minutes, the charging icon disappeared after about 30 minutes, and I suspected a problem with the cable and expected the battery to start to drain. Checking the battery status, it showed as 100%, and remained at this level for the remainder of the trip, so certainly seems to be able to provide sufficient power for screen & GPS, with a bit left over to charge the battery.
on 3 February 2014
Bought this simply to go with PortaPow 4 USB mains charger.
Absolutely brilliant, fast charges, class cable.
Yes there are cheaper cables, tried different ones, not as robust feeling as this one.
More than happy with this cable.
on 11 January 2014
i ordered my son a new lead for his google nexus which always seemed to be plugged in on charge. this lead got a wow from him when he saw the charge status after a much shorter period of time than all other cables he has had.. so in this case it does what it claims in our experience . CHARGE away.
After getting sick of how long my new Nexus 7 was taking to charge, like 5 or 6 hours, I felt there had to be something better. I decided to give this a go and am impressed so far. I haven't timed it, but the 7 is definitely charging much faster now.

I also use it on my Nexus 5, with the same impressive results. In fact I'm so impressed that I've ordered another 3 for distributing around the home and work.
on 24 January 2014
This product seems like a life saver for all those power guzzling devices. And if you're lucky, it will be. The problem is the micro USB connector is a pain to stay put because the fins that hold it in place are ridiculously tiny specially for such a bulky design. This means that even though it will charge faster than usual you will be very lucky if it will manage to get a full battery before it randomly disconnects midway through.

Used it on my Nexus 7 and a friend's HTC One

UPDATE: The micro USB plug literally came apart after a single month. Buy at your own risk, I do not recommend at all.
77 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
The cable is great and I purchased it specifically for using with my Anker Dual-Port USB Car Charger which is a fast charger.
Does the job so no complaints and the wire is long enough to reach from the charger to the windscreen.
on 12 June 2014
I does what it says it will do and allow charging at 2A. However, users must realize that the lead is just one link in the charging chain. You need a suitably powered charger, a device with a battery that can be charged at the higher rate, and a device with a micro USB port that is also suitable. Get any one of these wrong and you'll just charge at the minimum rate.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 February 2015
I never realised that there was a difference between USB cables. I thought it was just a marketing pitch when the phone and other product user guides made the point that I should the supplied charger and cable. Apart from variations in design and build quality I thought they were all essentially the same. How wrong I was.

I notices that my LG Nexus 5 UK Smartphone - Black (16GB) was gradually losing battery power when in the car even though it was plugged into a high power charger. Investigating further I then read that there were different classifications of USB cable with different charging rates.

In the past I would never have dreamed of paying this sort of a price for a USB cable, 99p is usually my mark, but I paid out for this one and am very glad I did. Now my phone charges in the car even with all radios on and the screen on 100%.

As to the cable itself, it is thicker and better built than the run of the mill type, as you might expect, and has a usefull identifying label on the end so you don't confuse it with standard data cables. A nice touch.

It's worth paying more for a good product and I have now ordered two more.

Recommended.
on 1 December 2013
The original cables supplied with both my wife's and my own Nexus 7 tablets ceased before long to function properly - one wouldn't work at all and the other charged so slowly as to be useless. These replacement cables are excellent - my tablet went from completely flat to fully charged in less than 3 hours. NB: they don't work for data transfer (that's on purpose) but for their intended job of just charging, they are perfect. So far there has been no evidence of weakness or fragility at the little end, as mentioned by some reviewers, but we're keeping a careful eye on that. Overall highly satisfactory.