on 3 February 2014
Bought this simply to go with PortaPow 4 USB mains charger.
Absolutely brilliant, fast charges, class cable.
Yes there are cheaper cables, tried different ones, not as robust feeling as this one.
More than happy with this cable.
13 people found this helpful
on 30 October 2015
I wanted to give this cable a better review because the build quality when new seemed to be above average subjectively. However, long term use has revealed this to be not necessarily the case and I have now had 3 of these cables that have either gone intermittent in nature or failed completely during use over a period of about 6 months. It is usually the micro end which has gone and usually because the plug has worn and become loose in whatever gadget it is plugged into for charging. On one occasion it seems to be the strain relief boot on the micro USB plug that was not man enough to support the cable completely and the limpness of the cable directly behind the boot was the first indication of an internal cable break. Looks like I'll have to try another product...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 January 2014
After getting sick of how long my new Nexus 7 was taking to charge, like 5 or 6 hours, I felt there had to be something better. I decided to give this a go and am impressed so far. I haven't timed it, but the 7 is definitely charging much faster now.

I also use it on my Nexus 5, with the same impressive results. In fact I'm so impressed that I've ordered another 3 for distributing around the home and work.
6 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2017
This is the 4th one I've purchased so that pretty much sums up my satisfaction in one sentence!

I actually wasn't aware that a data/power lead slowed down the rate of charging so was very pleased to have found this. The charging speed is quite ridiculous when compared to a combined lead - my LG G3 goes from almost-dead to fully-charged in well under an hour. I'll be buying more of these as they're required.
on 1 December 2013
The original cables supplied with both my wife's and my own Nexus 7 tablets ceased before long to function properly - one wouldn't work at all and the other charged so slowly as to be useless. These replacement cables are excellent - my tablet went from completely flat to fully charged in less than 3 hours. NB: they don't work for data transfer (that's on purpose) but for their intended job of just charging, they are perfect. So far there has been no evidence of weakness or fragility at the little end, as mentioned by some reviewers, but we're keeping a careful eye on that. Overall highly satisfactory.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2014
i ordered my son a new lead for his google nexus which always seemed to be plugged in on charge. this lead got a wow from him when he saw the charge status after a much shorter period of time than all other cables he has had.. so in this case it does what it claims in our experience . CHARGE away.
7 people found this helpful
on 8 July 2016
Unfortunately I had to return this.
I had bought 2 versons of PortaPow, 1.5m and 30cm cables.

In the end I had returned the 1.5m cable as the power input was not as advertised.
I was hoping to receive charging power of up to 2A but this 1.5m cable struggled to reach the same levels as my original changing cable.
I had no issues with the shorter 30cm cable.
on 1 March 2014
I use my mobile phone as a sat nav and when I was using other USB cables for powering the phone from the 12v socket in my car (using a USB adaptor, of course), the battery level at the end of my journey was lower than when it started.
Then I bought this cable and now finally the battery level at the end of my journey is higher then it was when it started!
I also used it for charging my phone using the USB PPP rt on my laptop and it is really faster than other cables.
I was so impressed that I bought another one, so that I can keep one in my car and one in my notebook bag.
on 16 April 2014
I've spent ages trying to find an after-market charger that could keep up with a Galaxy Note's power requirements, including buying various supposed "high power" chargers and leads, but nothing worked until I bought a couple of these PortaPow leads. It's a simple thing, and as the description says it can't be used for data, but it does that simple thing well - so my problem is now solved!

I haven't found the connectors to be especially flimsy as some reviewers have said; micro USB connectors in general aren't designed to take much side-to-side movement when plugged in, and these seem as solid as any OEM ones I've had.
on 22 February 2015
Really not noticed any difference in charging speed. Bought it for my car USB port which I found to charge slowly, and I thought perhaps it was due to the data connection, and only wanted power. This cable made no difference over a similar length journey using google maps navigation - both old and new cables kept the battery at the same level, neither increased the level. Can't think of a more scientific test than that. In my experience only the charger makes a difference, not the cable.