Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

VINE VOICEon 16 June 2012
Everywhere I look I see very mixed views on this album. So much so it made me a little scared to listen to it incase I would be disappointed. As someone that has followed Usher's career from the beginning and consider myself more than a casual fan, I have to say I have not enjoyed one of his albums this much (as a whole) since 'Confessions'. The vibe certainly moves away from an R'n'B direction to a more electro pop sound. Not a million miles away from 'DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love' and the more recent David Guetta hit 'Without You'. So in that retrospect, contrary to suggestion it's not a drastic change of direction.

R'n'B purists might not be in love with this new sound but to me... moving into a new direction such as this marks Usher as more of an artist... and a more interesting one at that. At the end of the day it's still 'Usher' in his vocal delivery and if you've liked any of his past hits and have grown up with him like me, I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something to like here.

My personal highlights were 'Show Me', 'Dive' and 'Numb'.
on 15 June 2012
Once touted as the new Michael Jackson when his 2004 album Confessions [Special Edition] sold 20 million copies, these days Usher Raymond is more likely to be regarded as a would-be Tito Jackson and his records struggle to sell a 10th of that number.
No wonder he's sounding so tired and unsure of himself on a seventh album which falls between the two stools of maintaining his loverman stance (the toe-curlingly slimey "IFU" suggests "you should let me penetrate your everything"), and attempting to find a new younger audience by working with one of -- of all people -- Cher Lloyd's writers.
Inevitably, despite the relatively lively opening salvo "Can"t Stop Won't Stop" and "Scream", the remaining 16 tracks are stodgier than an untaxed pastie. J.Aizelwood
on 4 July 2012
Purchased this on the day of release and i have to say this is usher at his best. This album is a lot more upbeat with tracks like Scream, Numb and Euphoria standing out to the dance crowd. Also to a different direction tracks Looking for myself and Show me really showing us this artist is very versatile in his approach to picking the songs he wants to record. 10/10
on 31 August 2012
All I can say is GET THIS CD, if you are really a fan!!!! Not sure why people keep saying they wanted this album to sound like his first few albums. Change is good. Why would you want to keep listening to the same kind of music?? I like this album, the only song I dont like on this is CLIMAX (becuase of the way it is over played on radio) * * * * *. Worth every star!!
on 11 June 2012
Great mix of Ushers distinctive ballards and some brilliant dance tunes, sort of album you can just leave on without skipping any songs, not one bad song on this one.

But For the night in with the other half- Lessons for the Lover, I care 4 U ( slightly dubstep-well done Mr Usher :) ) & Dive

For the night out with friends- Scream, Cant Stop Wont Stop & Euphoria

Remmonicing- What Happened to You & Climax

Housework tunes- Twisted & Looking for Myself
on 9 June 2013
Good quality cd and produces good sound quality !
I don't like the paper casing they used on this cd though, would prefer the usual plastic cd cases, because this paper cases makes me feel like I bought the cd from the street guys who make fake copies.
Other than that the cd is fine and plays well hence given it a three star rating instead of five.
Please bring back the plastic cases !!
on 5 May 2013
Yep, this is a good one.
I wasn't really an Usher fan; I liked some of his stuff but not other tracks.
This, for me, is great!
If you aren't sure, listen to it on Deezer first, but I reckon you'll buy it!
on 10 January 2013
If you love the track 'Scream' then you will be deeply disappointed with this album, because 'Scream' is the only decent track on it. Bought this for my wife for Christmas who desperately tried to be nice about it when she listened to it but we both agreed it was dreadful. In fact we just kept repeating 'Scream' because it was the only tracked we liked. The good....Scream.....The bad.....everything else. Lots of songs which don't appear to have any rhythm and you struggle to tap your feet to any of them. If you thought Usher had moved on to up beat dance tracks like 'OMG'..and 'Scream'...with catchy hooks which get you running for the dance floor then think again.Do yourself a favour and download 'Scream' and forget buying the album.Dont say I didn't warn you. Avoid
on 21 August 2012
Love every single song. Usher's vocals are just amazing. Coupled with the great songwriting & producers the album is brilliant. One of his best albums for me. I love the feel & flow of the whole album. Usher has really impressed me, definitely back on that top form. I can't stop listening to it. Songs like Numb, Say the Words, I care for you, are amazing. You'll love them!!! Buy the album & enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! :)))
on 7 February 2013
Usher has never stopped evolving over the years as he reflects on his own personal growth through his artistry/songs. He doesn't stray from the core top quality of music and production skills and it shows with the diverse selection of songs on this album. There is something to cater for all of his fan base who love various different sounds/music, whether it be a club track, a R & B ballad or a pop melody, it is all in here. The lyrics are brutally honest and don't hold back any punches, even when self analyzing his own flaws and shortcomings as a person and although many people are stuck in the 'Confessions' Era, fans need to appreciate that an Artist has to grow and evolve, otherwise they end up becoming stagnant. Simply put, there are not many Artists who can nurture and cultivate their talent for a 20+ career in the Industry. Usher continually proves that he is here to stay, with his unique brand of talent and I am sure that true music lovers will really dig this album...I hope you all enjoy it. The deluxe version of this album is amazing - By Jenna Pal.