VINE VOICEon 23 July 2014
Kreg Pocket Hole Screws work well with the Kreg Pocket hole Jig system.

This system uses a jig for drilling a pilot hole and a clearance hole in material to be joined, possibly at the same time.

Having pre drilled your pocket holes and with clamps holding pieces together while they're joined makes for strong joints with the minimum of cutting and often strong enough without being glued.

There are two types of screw head; pan head or washer head.

Both have a proprietary square driver socket.

There are two types of thread; coarse and fine, which work better in different materials,.
Fine thread for hardwoods with close grain and coarse thread for wide grain soft woods and chipboards.

There is a good starter selection here which goes well with the Kreg jig systems supplementing the sample selection of screws you get with the K4 or K5 kits.
If buying as a present the Screw kit would go well with either jig kit.

If buying screws for a planned project you might be better buying the right size[s] in bulk.

The screw length required depends upon the thickness of the materials to be joined. This set has a reasonable selection but lacks any 2 inch screws which you get as samples with a K4 or K5 system.

One other reviewer refers to this.

There are more 1 and 1/4 inch screws in the set because I suppose 18mm stock is quite common for book cases and shelves etc.

The Blue Kote screws included for external use are very distinctive and decorative considering they're not meant to be seen.
on 27 June 2013
What can I say, they are screws and do what they are supposed to, I ordered these when I ordered the Master Jig. Might be better to just order the screws you need, for example I dont use hard wood very often so the thin thread ones wont be used for a while.
on 9 August 2015
The screws are well made and of high quality. The selection of pocket-hole screw sizes are well considered however, more 11/4 inch (30mm) course and smooth screws would be beneficial, as they are the most popular for 3/4 inch (18mm) plywood. All in all the product meets the high standards of Kreg products. The moulded case is an added bonus and does make it easier to keep the screws in one location.
on 29 September 2015
A good value kit with a range of screws to try but note these are specifically for the Kreg jig system as the heads have a square pattern to them. Once you've tried the various screws you'll get an idea for what you use most, so I now buy them individually and top up this carry case.
on 30 October 2015
Quality product at a reasonable price (for this type of screw) - my only comment is I bought these when I bought the Kreg k5 jig and didn't really know what screws I needed. I've discovered that I am unlikely to use the longer screws so in some ways a bit of a waste.
If you do a large variety of woodwork then go fo it, I found that for joining 15/18mm boards or wooden battens together I only need the 1 and 1.5" screws so ended up buying a box of each anyway.
on 5 February 2016
Well made but expensive for the amount you get, also the case would benefit from a tougher material as I knocked it off a table and a hinge snapped right off, I would prefer a simple tub rather than a flimsy plastic hinge. other than this they work pretty well and I would recommend them, just be careful as if you are using them for shopfitting etc you need a different case.
on 2 July 2016
Great product and necessary for pocket holes for your kreg jig. They are great quality and the different sizes and thread style makes this a very versatile pack to have to hand. Also has good numbers so you get to use on many jobs.
on 20 December 2013
I bought this with the Kreg Junior R3 set. For my first job with the jig I was using 1 1/4" thick softwood. For this I found that I needed 2" inch screws, which aren't included in this selection..Otherwise the screws are very high quality.
on 31 July 2015
A fair selection of screws, good top-up for my stock of Kreg screws BUT the contents description is INCORRECT. There are not 150 2.5" zinc screws. That is for the smaller 1". Look at the case picture for the correct mixture of screws
on 5 April 2015
Most common sizes in the box so was able to start using my Kreg Jig straight away. Maybe the larger pack (1000) pieces would have a larger selection I don't know, but you can buy the screws of your choice on Amazon or the other lot E**y.