Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Drake Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 June 2015
First heard about Lucy Rose through reading up on Rae Morris. Thought I'd check this album out - glad I did, it's got all the ingredients for a great album. Chill-out acoustic, some funky beats, great simple production and of course Lucy's wonderful, whispering but beautifully tonefull voice. At times I can hear a bit of influence re-Bombay Bicycle Club, who she has been associated with, but that's a good thing! Her songs are hauntingly melodic with lush harmony. Can't wait for the next album!
on 2 December 2015
I knew only 1 song from s*** album and bought it not knowing the rest. Fortunately the rest doesn't stand out and I really like this album. Her voice and the music is really delicate sometimes, I love it.
on 20 December 2012
If one word summed up this album, it would be 'wistful', after Lucy Rose's vocal style. But it's also an album to expect the unexpected: the songs are peppered with lots of light and shade, unusual changes of time signature, and the arrangements veer off into places you wouldn't predict. This is a real understated classic that repays repeated listening and insinuates its way into your subconscious. If this is what can be done with an effectively 'home-produced' album, it bodes well for a follow-up. I only came across Lucy Rose through the BBC's Glastonbury coverage, which only really scratched the surface of the capabilities demonstrated on this album.

If you've already got the 'Lines' EP, my only word of warning with this album is that the four Lines tracks are reproduced on this, so there are fewer new tracks than you might expect. That's not Lucy Rose's fault, but her record company should get a rap across the knuckles for doing this.

Overall, this should be considered one of the albums of 2012 from a newcomer who will have a lot more to offer in the future.
on 6 July 2014
had heard this cd playing in the background before a concert where Elliot Morris was supporting, having listened to the cd I am even more impressed, fantastic chill out album, great to have on in the background while cooking, chilling, entertaining, lover her voice, love the album
on 15 May 2014
This album just grew and grew on me, I bought because I love female singer songwriters and I did not regret, now a definite favourite and keeper. Love her phrasing and voice, hope to see more from Lucy Rose in the near future.
on 11 August 2013
i love this Albulm having found it on you tube. definately my Albulm of the summer. Esp I will in the middle opf the bed.
on 1 May 2013
In my opinion (subjective) this is one of (if not) the best indie-rock/folk albums of 2012, and I can hardly put my finger on exactly why. The lyrics are beautiful, the vocals and instruments play perfectly together and it all just wraps up to a great album.

Definitly check it out if you enjoy similar artists or the "indie-rock / indie-folk" genres.
on 11 April 2014
Everything came in perfect condition, the album is stunning, definitely worth buying. In addition I can agree that this album sounds almost identical to her singing live, which I'd heard a few nights before receiving this.
on 10 December 2013
Really enjoyed this album, a great singer and band, I saw her live because of this album, I was not disappointed.
on 2 November 2012
She's incredible and you should all buy and enjoy this album. Please be aware however that I have called dibs on her so listen all you want but no touchy. Excellent.