on 11 May 2014
As with all Tony Buzan and Associates books this one holds you from page one and keeps you enthused right to the end.
I am already using MIG to prepare for an important job interview so that I am in the best possible position to capitalize on this wonderful opportunity for life improvement.
I'll let you know via the MIG blog/website how I get on.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants ultimate self improvement in a really easily understandable and accessible (to almost everyone , who can read) way and who will then be able to help/teach others these same principles.
I have been studying human performance with much interest ,especially recently for
quite a few years now and Buzan stuff is right at the top .I'm a real fan.
Highest regards
Steve H
on 26 July 2012
I like the work of Tony Buzan. I'm a frequent MindMap-user. This book is good, the Most Important Graph which is explained in the book is really helpful but it could be much better documented. Now it's a good book, but not a great book. Books that can be linked to this MIG-book are: "Made to Stick" - "Switch" - the "Presentation Zen" series - "The Back of the Napkin" - "Blah-Blah-Blah" - ... The work of Tony Buzan gives you a structure to connect the message of all these great books ... that's the benefit of this book.
on 16 April 2013
This is a new slant on Tony Buzan's memory techniques, which tries to explain the nature of memory and with the graph gives an idea of the best way to remember. For me this was just a rehash of previous books in an ostensibly new form. The graph idea did not help and made for a tedious read. There are better memory books, notably the one by Dominic O'Brien, who seems to have associated with Buzan in starting a memory competition.
on 5 June 2014
The book I read to research this post was The Most Important Graph In The World by Tony Buzan et al which is a very good book which I bought from kindle. The graph that he refers to in the book is researched by Hedwig von Restorff and is the graph of our ability to recall things. We tend to remember the first and last things we read and anything that stood out because it was different to the rest. Everything else we tend to forget and this can be applied to our learning. In doing mind maps Tony encourages us to make them brightly coloured and make what is on it stand out. There is no limit on how many points that stand out we can remember. In fact there is nothing wrong with our memories as people who are trained in learning techniques can often outperform a computer. It is in our ability to recall it. If things are put in out minds in an ordered way say like if you have to buy an 18 carat necklace so to aid recall you think of yourself wearing a necklace with 18 carrots dangling from it. You must play with the idea for a while but will probably remember it. If you are doing a mind map one thing you can include is the similarity between even if they mean something completely different. The brains amazing ability to recall stuff and when you think of the huge amount of data stored it is a mystery how the brain can recall stuff often instaneously is a great scientific mystery. If someone did work it out they would definitely win the Nobel Prize because it would be an amazing discovery. In the future in another book I read there is going to be a huge leap in memory storage capabilities and the biggest challenge is being able to do a search and find an item stored on these hard drives and other types of storage. This book is fairly short but is an enjoyable read with probably not as much things you can try out as some of his other books.
VINE VOICEon 10 June 2012
As somebody who is an iMindmap Global Instructor I have been looking forward to this book by Tony Buzan. I found it to be the easiest book to read that I have read in my entire life. I had to force myself to put it down for the recommended short breaks between chapters. This book has left me looking forward to my next Law lecture so I can apply some of the methods I learn't from reading the book. In particular, I appreciated the explanations concerning the value and power of MindMapping.

Without doubt this is the most significant book I have ever read. Highly recommended.
on 22 February 2017
Quick postage, trusted seller! Item arrived perfect and is a great informative book!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse