Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 15 October 2012
I bought this for my nephew and i have to say what an amazing addition to the Thomas family!.The story is great really well thought out with lots happening, without giving too much away there are 4 new additions to Sodor,and it also explains how Victor came to to the island of Sodor. I thought this was alot better than Day of the Diesels which i thought had quite a menacing feel for younger audiences. This is a must for any Thomas fan. I would recommend this 100%. Buy this you will NOT be disappointed!
on 18 March 2013
My 3 year old son is a Thomas fanatic, and this, for him, was the icing on the cake. The story is nice and simple, but not trivial. It has all the old characters, plus a few new engines. It has good animation, and links to other stroies as well. The 'Bonus' material. for once is good as well. If you have a Thomas lover in the family, then this will keep them happy for some time
on 22 October 2012
I was so pleased to see that I didn't have to wait for Easter for the DVD to be released given that the movie was released in September. My son - 3 1/2 years old is a big fan of Thomas and this movie is fantastic follow up to Misty Island. Great story, lovely animation (perfect for his age) and Michael Angelis voice is like a spell - my son loves it!
on 30 May 2013
My son is a Thomas tank engine fanatic and I bought this film a few days before his 3rd birthday not expecting it to arrive until 3days after his birthday but it actually turned up on the day, he was a very happy boy.

The film has a good story line and a great introduction to all the new Thomas tank engine sets on sale now.
on 5 November 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old who is Thomas mad. He loved watching it on a long journey home in the car - and so did my 17 year old step daughter! My son was so engrossed it was as if he were living it.

You can't beat Thomas, especially when you have Michael Angelis narrating.
on 8 February 2013
Nice little innocent story to this which introduces Luke to the fold. My little boy watched this from start to finish the first time and loved it unlike Day of the Diesels which took about a month to watch in one full sitting due to being switched off several times due to the bad Diesels.
on 27 December 2015
Classic Thomas and Friends story with focus on the smaller trains.
on 28 December 2012
My three year old boy likes Thomas and has happily watched this DVD multiple times now. Some of the stories aimed at children have parts he finds scary - he won't watch Day of the Diesels - but this one has a story and excitement without being menacing. Would recommend.
on 8 October 2012
Bought this DVD just after it was released for my nephews 3rd birthday. He watches it at least once a day and it is a much better quality animation than the old style Thomas films. The new characters in the film also hold the childs attention for longer. Great buy.
on 12 August 2013
As with the other Thomas DVDs we have, this one is a favourite! Loved by my 4yr old (and his Granny) who sings along to the songs and knows all the different characters - new and old! A great length for younger viewers and a definite buy for any Thomas fans!